Saturday, January 21, 2023

Solo 36

 Solo 36 today.  Boy it sure was nice to be back on the bike after a month off. Last ride was right before Christmas.  That's when my mother in law took the train to New Mexico getting covid and pneumonia ending up in the hospital for a week.  Then the rain and road trip to pick her up after getting released from the hospital. 

What a way to start the new year. This was my first ride. 

Ran into Salvador T the top of the trail.  Said he hadn't rode much either.  

Met Steve for the first time too. He was doing 60 or 70 he says depending on how he felt along the ride. So I'm guessing 60 ha ha ha! Only because heading back south was pretty windy so if it were me, I'd choose the 60 ha ha ha! 

Steve is a nice guy and asked Salvador if he could send a pic he took of them, to his phone.  Didn't happen so you know me  I pulled up so I could snap a couple pics of Steve before I turned off yo Encanto Park for a refresh stop. 

So a good day. Getting to know people on the San Gabe trail after years on the Santa Ana trail. 

you know, after years on cycling forums   since 2002, I've read hundreds of complaints from cyclists how drivers block and park in bike lanes as an inconvenience to cyclists. But man, I can't count the times cyclists do the same thing.  I'm a guy who sees things for what they are and this is just as stupid dangerous. 

So riding up, these people were stopped and parked on the trail.  I  rode by carefully saying, wow nice rode block.  One guy kinda grumbled at me under his breath.  Idiot. 

I think the guy who decided to make a business of selling drinks to cyclists,  ought to be responsible for controlling the crowd seeing he's pretty much causing this.  Been many times a group has blocked most of the trail here. You'd think experienced cyclists who know better would mention keeping the trail clear for passing cyclists.  

oh well  stupid is as stupid does! 🙄 




 

But it was nice to be back on the bike again.  Friday at work felt like a Friday so a Saturday bike ride was sweet.  Heck, I'm finding sitting on my butt all week makes my legs ache too ha ha ha.  Glad I got in a nice ride. I  did buy new rotors and brakes for my truck.  I should do them tomorrow,  Sunday but I think I'll wait till next week so I can get in another ride tomorrow.  😆😄😆

Sure beats working in the sun wearing steel toe boots, though. 






No comments:

Post a Comment