Saturday, July 27, 2013

GMR and Forehead Bee Sting ;-(

Nice humid ride today. Felt pretty warm even though the sun was not full shine. At the start we were easily passed by what I believe was AdoboVelo. Man those guys are fast, all of them! On the way up Julius slowed to say hello. That guy has been working out or something cause his legs were cut. GMR will do that to ya!

Gina struggled today not having done much climbing lately but who cares, she made it! I like to point out some of the blabber mouth on line personalities with custom climbing bikes and gears that avoid GMR like the plague. So it's a breath of fresh air to see women like Gina and Alyce hop on a bike and do the climb with no excuses on not so fancy bikes. So when Gina says she struggled on the climb, it's always a little encouraging to her when I bring up the on line posers ha ha! You know the type, the posers that criticizes us for riding SART, done every ride but under tougher conditions and lived to tell about it, but yet poops their pants we invite them to join us up GMR! ;-)

At the shack we ran into GMR and Matt for a visit and some fun chat. always good to see them up there. They left a few minutes before us then we headed down. Lucky me, I got hit on the forehead by a bee and need I say more? Yes, another sting, that is like 2 in 3 weeks. I swell so it sucks. Right between the eyes so now my eyes are swollen and the upper section of my nose is too. Kind of cool though, I look something like a werewolf ha ha!

I also stopped rather quickly for a cold pack to place on the sting hoping it would minimize the damage. No it didn't but I did forget to turn off my Garmin so I set plenty of records driving home. One was 51 mph sprint across the flats ha ha! Well it didn't look right with all those trophies on my Strava page so I deleted it and entered manually. I lose credit for the gain but oh well!


No music video, all chatting and stuff with friends.












                                                     OK, that's it, my face is swollen!


                                                                   The next day!


No comments:

Post a Comment