Friday, August 21, 2015

A Little More Double Double Fun

Mid week local ride. Been doing this ride most Tues and Thurs evenings. It's about a 3 mile climb then across, down and then back up. Grade is 3,4, 5% so it's not tough but a good climb on the tandem. I'd say it has been getting easier and easier. Maybe some of that has to do with the temps outside, not crazy hot like it has been the last few weeks. Today the average temp was about 80, nice!

I've been tempted to climb GMR to the shack on the tandem. I think we could do it no problem. Won't be easy but if we pace ourselves, it's very doable. Gina's confidence is not as high as mine but say she would try it. Only problem is, we don't want to descend GMR on the tandem. Not worth the risk imo. Heck, on a stretch where I have hit 42 on my single, we hit 56 on the tandem. There is a stretch on GMR where I hit 42 and no way am I willing to do that on the tandem. So we'll have to find a way to park the truck up there cause I sure don't want to come down at high speeds on the tandem. :-O









No comments:

Post a Comment