Sunday, July 4, 2021

Nice 31 Miler with Gina 4th of July

 31 @ 16.3 average speed today with Gina and Jose. Good ride today. Again, Jose told me his legs were tired from his ride Saturday. I am not sure if I ever get to ride with someone who doesn't have tired legs ha ha ha! But we headed off together. I think I was at the front for the first 15 miles then let Jose take a turn at the front. But he did really well and pulled from Warner to the beach fairly easy. 

We headed out a little bit earlier than usual when I ride with Gina. I figured we MIGHT be able to beat the big crowds to the beach, maybe even back. It worked, the trail had very few riders that don't frequent the trail.  Saw a few little kids with their parents. Kids that seemed to be smarter than most of the adults on road bikes. I can never figure out the idiots on road bikes who don't seem to understand that going around on a blind corner, might be a good idea to stay in your lane. Around the 22 and the golf course if you're a local. But the trail was not too bad at all. Saw HB later on the evening news and it was a darn good thing we went a bit early.  I really wanted to ride but I didn't for obvious reasons. But it turned out well.

Gina did really well today. She said she could feel that it was windy but she was hanging tough all the way.

Returning home, got a chance to watch the TDF replay. Wow, guys are good!








No comments:

Post a Comment