Thursday, August 3, 2023

No Ride Sunday, BUT!

 Of course I wanted to ride but I ran into an old coworker online.  Jesse was my supervisor 35 years ago at General Dynamics.  Once he made supervisor,  he asked me if I wanted to be a test technician.  I was hired as an assembler at age 18. 4 years later, a test technician for Stinger missile. 

He said that he saw the results of the manual dexterity test administered to all employees.  He said I scored really high and that made him figure I'd be good at the job. Then he put me on a program called FastTrack.  Increased my pay by about  30 percent in a couple months. 

So I was more than happy to meet for breakfast.  He laughed when he saw me saying I look exactly the same,  just older. 

Had a good time, 2 hour breakfast 😋  of course I paid,  after all I reaped the benefits of that pay increase for another 10 years. 

So I missed a ride, big whoop. Just having fun at work crushing these millennials showing them how to work. Seriously,  I work half speed and they think I'm a hard worker. That includes trimming and filing my nails before the others show up. Ha ha ha! 

Thrilled with this little find. Electric door lock switches.  I  haven't had locks for about 10 years. Looked into replacements and the shop wanted a couple hundred. 

Saw them on ebay for around $20. Arrived in the mail, about 2 minutes labor and bam! Once again,  Electric looks! 😄














No comments:

Post a Comment