Saturday, August 26, 2023

Solo 52 Freshly Washed Gloves Tour

 

Relive video of the day


Solo 52 miles today. We'll Solo most of it. I was 38 miles into my ride when I noticed a club approaching from behind. I kept my pace figuring they should catch up there are about 15 of them. 


Few miles later, they catch up. Ok, I did raise my pace a bit knowing it was windy. So they catch up and they take my wheel. I expected them to pass so I move to the right but only 1 guy passes. I look back and only 4 of the crowd are there. The first guy passes after being on my wheel for about 1/4 mile. The others try to pass but having a hard time. The head guy pulls away dropping his 3 buds. 


I see they are struggling so I went from the back around the 3 to fill the gap as the leader pulls away.  


I let them hang on for a bit so they can recover. They seem to be ok after a bit so I gently lifted the pace pulling them back to the leader. I think they were happy.  


So we were together for about another half mile then they turned off with a wave.


The Freshly Washed Gloves Tour.  That lasted about 20 minutes. 😄

Did see Alyce as well as Ron and Dixie  roll by.






No comments:

Post a Comment