Sunday, January 15, 2017

Idiot Cyclists Blowing Stop Signs and Intersections

You know I had poster for years on various cycling forums. I got so sick of reading "Stupid Driver" threads. I have seen for myself firsthand what kind of idiots are out there on bicycles. I will not give names but I have ridden on friendly rides with some of the posters who consider themselves cycling advocates and "SAFE" experienced cyclist. Let me tell you, I have seen a couple of them nearly get creamed by vehicular traffic due to their own stupidity.

Sadly, one guy almost got killed on GMR. It was an ugly sigh to see this guy go head on with a car. Luckily the driver saw him and slammed on his brakes as the cyclist cut the turn switchback to save a second or two. After that, I vowed to never ride with that idiot again. I didn't want to be the one who had to tell his wife he had been in an accident because I just might have said, "sorry, your husband is dead because he was an idiot!".

Another time I was riding with some guy who did something stupid in traffic. I tried to say it gently "uhhh, what the hell are you doing?!". His response, was, "so what are they going to do, run over me?". I'm guessing these idiots think a driver can't run over them because it's again the law. Hello, wake up you idiots!

So this evening, this video was sent to me. Sure I am going to use it! I ride in this same exact area midweek on evening rides. Many cyclists complain about driver behavior but honestly, I get nothing but respect on the road. I ride at night, well lit, front and read, and even ankle bands for side visibility. I make stops, I obey the law and I ride predictably. 95% of the time, even if I am not the first to approach a 4 way stop, the drivers, ALL OF THEM will wave me through. Nothing but consideration out there. I am sure there are a few bad drivers, but yeah, bad cyclists too!

So after all the "stupid driver" threads, my biggest scares on the road were close encounters with other cyclists. You guess it! Stupid cyclists who blow 4 way stops and intersections like this idiot!

One day, day time, plenty of sun, I made my stop at a 4 way stop. I was crossing and waited my turn. I started my take off from the line and WHAT THE HELL!!!!! Some idiot who blew the 4 way almost creams me from the side doing about 25 MPH, running the stop signs. Yes, there was also vehicular traffic present.

Another situation that really scared the piss out of me was when Gina was driving. Plenty of cars at the 4 way stop and she starts her take off as she should have. The video shows a red truck on the far side of the cyclist but in this case, Gina was on the same side as the cyclist who blew the 4 way stop. So she drives 1/2 way through the intersection when this idiot comes flying between cars splitting the lanes of stopped cars. No way could she see him flying through the center of the cars and trucks. She proceeds then this idiot swerves just enough as Gina slams on her brakes to avoid becoming a hood ornament.

I have to say it, there are a lot of stupid cyclists out there! Nobody wants to hear this but ..THEY ARE ASKING FOR IT!!!. You say that on a cycling forum and the cycling advocates jump your ass right away. You should never say something like that because nobody ever asks for it! Uhh yeah they do, they are just asking to be hit!

Too bad these idiots really think they are good cyclists and handlers. Yes, maybe they are and maybe they have been lucky so far but sooner or later, your luck runs out!

Just seeing these idiots for myself from my bike and from my vehicle, I have to say these guys give us a bad rap! Again, the forum world does not want to hear that because...drivers should never lump us all into one category blah blah blah but they do, I have been told myself by people who do not like cyclists for this type of reason. Sure I try to talk sense into them but really, you idiots really are giving us a bad rap!



2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this kind of foolish and dangerous riding yet. There are certain types of riders I've come across that are arrogant snobs and I bet they are the ones that would do this because they think they are so good. It's sad they put themselves and others in danger just to save a little time and energy. Gotta keep a careful eye on everyone on the road. Good post Beanz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly M.L.!!! One thing many cyclists complain about as far as drivers, is that they can't even stop or slow down for a second or two to keep cyclists safe. The way I see it, that should go for both sides. ;-)

    ReplyDelete