Sunday, October 7, 2018

They Was A Killin' Me Today!

Well I did better today but I sure was tired! Rode with Tony and Jose the first few miles then ran into Joaquin at Edna who joined us to the coast. Almost 35 miles with a 17.2 average according to Strava. Stupid Strava gave me a 17.2 but Garmin Connect gave me a 17.3, I like that one better ha ha!

We were pretty nice and steady when it was just the 3 of us but once Joaquin joined in, it got a little faster and more slowing and accelerations that were killing my legs. Only 4th ride back but the quads don't want to respond on the little upty dupties. But they will come back once I get a little more riding in the saddle. I ended up riding the last couple hundred yards to the coast alone after falling behind. My legs just ran out of gas but hey, can't blame nobody but myself for that. I will say I didn't go to the front once today which was nice having a few guys to do the work.

Sat at the coast for a bit then Alex rode up. Wow, the dude did a ton of miles yesterday and another ton today. I want to say 65 yesterday and another 60 or 70 today. I could be off a few but that is close I know.

A brief chat with Alex then we headed off, Joaquin, Tony, Jose, and I. Alex stayed back a couple minutes but I knew he'd be catching us. Well me anyway!

So I can tell the guys are holding back a little for me but we are rolling at 20.5 or so. But I notice when we go down the underpasses we are about the same except that on the way up, we're doing 22.5 and it's killing me to go faster on the up than the flat sections. That's cool though! I'm the one who hasn't been riding and I am not about to slow the others down so I do my best. I was actually OK and recovering once we got up the ramps but then comes along Alex!

Alex is flying pretty good to catch us so he takes a very short breather then heads off flying at the front. We have only a few short miles to go, maybe 3 or 4? Tony and Joaquin hop on his wheel then the 3 take off. Jose was somewhat taking off when he looked back and saw me holding back and not lifting the pace to catch them. Oh heck no! I was suffering enough, if I lift the pace, I'll be toast within the next half mile and they'll have to call an ambulance to pick me up ha ha!

So the three start pulling away when I tell Jose to go ahead. He says no and waits for me to get back on his wheel. I tell him I don't want to slow anybody down and he says it's OK, he'll be a good teammate and help me back. And that is exactly what he did! Maybe because I bought him that new jersey he is wearing, The Fat Bastard jersey ha ha!

I had gotten a gift card from the jerseys I had bought online from Love2Pedal dotcom. Wow, amazing service these guys and up to 5XL in plenty of jerseys with cool patterns. You probably saw my spider, bone collector and Sesame Street jerseys in earlier post. Blazing fast delivery and free shipping on some jerseys, only 2 business days and they were on my doorstep! I had gotten a $5 gift card from L2P and the jersey I got for Jose was only $24.99. I got one for me and one for him since the card took his down to $19.99. I got kept the more expensive $24.99 one ha ha! As if one could tell! So yeah, I think that is why he waited and pulled me back!

 The other three guys, Alex, Tony and Joaquin were gone! I was just happy to make it back and add a few more miles into my ride today!

          Fat Bastard jersey, an eating club with a cycling disorder printed on the jersey ha ha!





Tony looking good on the bike!


My Drunk Bastard jersey today. And I rode like one ha ha!





Alex the fast man!

Okay, for the boys! Little hush hush picture. Posing for pics in the community jacuzzi.  Boy, she keeps them strapped down on the bike but when she unleashes them suckers, they look kina on the big side! Yes some topless and the security guard was coming around a lot more than usual. ;-)    













No comments:

Post a Comment