Saturday, September 29, 2018

Solo Chorizo Ride

Headed out for a 32 miler today alone. Wore my spider jersey to make sure no other riders would ride with me ha ha! It worked. Actually I wanted to see if my legs were coming back after the 3 months off. Sure enough, felt much better, no cramps, no signs of cramps, able to push a little when I had to without wanting to cry he he he! Ended up with a decent 17.1 average speed alone on my third ride back which is much better than the 15.2 I did on the first ride.

I did see Alex, Herb and Alyce and Ron and Dixie flying by in the opposite direction pulling a gang of guys. Later I would meet up with them at the coast to find out it was the infamous Ray Clone riding with them. Had a chat then I headed off alone trying to get home early to entertain Gina.

On the way to the coast riding into a headwind, in the residential area right before Edna Park, somebody was cooking chroizo. Oh my, SMELT really good. I love chorizo and the smell almost melted my tires ha ha! Continued on the the coast only to have that smell haunt me for like 10 miles ha ha! Now talk about a tough ride! :-P

Nice tailwind back so it was a nice return! Nice day, sunshine but not hot. :-)

Some pics:





My spiders!


No comments:

Post a Comment