Saturday, September 22, 2018

Got 101 Excuses But I Rode My Bike!

Yes, saddle sore is way down and after a week of leakage, I figured it may help more if I rode. Maybe the pressure on the side would force out more of the bad stuff though it seemed to have stopped the drip. I must have been right because I got home and saw the blood and guts on my chamois. Of course right into the shower for a good washing so hopefully it stays under control. Not much discomfort on the bike seeing it is more in the crease of my leg and not directly on my nutty buddies he he!

On the way to the coast I was doing a decent pace for myself seeing it was only the second time on the bike in 3 1/2 months now, oh how the weeks go by. I was working but going OK when Ron and Dixie caught me from behind. We ended up slowing down and chatting most of the way to the coast.  Mingled at the coast for a while then they headed off. Was I going with them? HEEEEEELL NO! I know they fly back with the tailwind and no way could I keep up at this point.  So I headed back alone after they took off.

On the way another dude caught me from behind. He slowed and asked me if I rode with (Enter female like name here, used as a sir name). He asked if I rode with this person, I asked "Alyce and Herb?" He said no then mentioned the name again. Nope! Then he said Bob and my mind was so set on Alyce and Herb that I forgot that second about Bad Bob. Hmmm! Few seconds later he was so far ahead no way could I ask him if he meant Bad Bob seeing I have no idea of his sir name.

But anyway, I managed a 25 miler at 16.1 with some of it cruising at relating pace ha ha! Better than last week and I only got 2 half cramps. I was able to back off a bit and let them pass, much better than last week but I did only do 25 figuring 30 last week was an end of the ride sufferfest ha ha!

As far as the new jersey, no more than 2 minutes on the bike, first guy I encounter asks if I was a orthopedic surgeon ha ha ha!

                                                                New jersey!


New jersey, new helmet, new glasses, new gloves, new under layer ha ha!


Managed to catch Jose R. and his buds. 


Ron and Dixie


I took the pic from the front so it looked like I towed them into the wind ha ha ha ha!


For those of you guys wondering, yes, Socal still has boobs at the beach this time of year! :-P


No comments:

Post a Comment