Saturday, November 9, 2019

GMR solo to Point of No Return

34 miles, 4,217 ft of gain. Just trying to get in some climbing to regain some strength. Rode alone heading for Peacock Saddle. Got there then felt OK so figured I'd punish myself a bit ha ha! Actually OK, slow but fine till the last 1/2 mile or so. Wow! I remember thinking back years ago that this section kicked my butt. But then after a few times, I would wonder why it was so hard. Well, older, fatter, slower, I remembered today how it felt ha ha!

But hey, I made it! Beautiful day but not many cyclists at all up there, shame! The bad thing is that once I got on GRR, it smelled like cheeseburgers. How in the world?! But it was there, maybe the wind as it felt pretty breezy today. Then another mile down the road, I smelled it again. For sure cheeseburgers. I mean as if someone was grilling them them there right on the road. Construction dudes were there and as I rode by, I asked if they smelled them. They just shouted, "I am hungry!".

But anyway, got to the high point of GRR then headed back as I had enough water. You can do that if you start early enough avoiding the heat. I started about 7:45 today. Sunny on the lower section, shade after 4 miles then a nice cool headwind once on GRR.

Started out on a bad note today. Woke up, grabbed my GMR bike and the front tire was flat. From 2 weeks ago on GMR. Screw it, just swapped out the front wheel with my Cannondale. No time for flats today! :-P

Are you seeing this? I'm dropping that motorcycle on a 7% grade!! OK not really but nobody can tell if it's true or not by a pic. :-P


Near the rock wall. I was getting pretty tired at this point but hey, must get stronger!


Point of No Return. If I got enough water, heck with the village ha ha! I'll head back here after most of the climbing is done as I still had one bottle. Carried a third in my jersey pocket.



Timer gone wrong. Little PAS camera timer sucks with only 10 seconds, but it was cheap!


That is better!




Ahhh, done, down and safe!



No comments:

Post a Comment