Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday SART with Gina

31 miles at 16.3 average speed today. Dang it, registered 16.4 on the ride, dang Garmin!

So anyway, got Gina on the bike today and she did really well.  Seems every week she improves a little bit. Sure happy about that, need to take care of ourselves as well. I had a nice easy spin on my Cannondale today, stayed in the small ring (39).

Was feeling pretty good but I think old age is catching up with me. Have this annoying tight muscle inner thigh that bugs me at the start of each ride lately. Strange but it doesn't hurt me on GMR or even starting on GMR. I think my body is in so much pain at the start of a GMR ride that I don't even notice it ha ha! But put me on the trail, first 5 miles is a stretch and warm up lately. After that I am fine but jeepers I'm getting old ha ha!

Today I was feeling pretty good though after 2 miles at the front starting out the ride. Funny because Jose said yesterday he was getting tired. I almost didn't believe him because he rode strong the first 38 miles as I mentioned. The last stretch to the coast he really pushed it and I was worried I was going to fall behind on the return if he kept this effort.

But at the rest stop, he got really quiet and didn't say much for a bit. Today he asked me if I noticed, yeah I thought he got a text from his wife and got upset about something ha ha! But no, he says today that he got really tired and at that point, thought he was going to pass out ha ha! He said he couldn't see, then started sweating heavily. Wow, I didn't see that but he said he was in bad shape at that point. Hmm! Today he said he was still tired but hey, I worked too so today I let him take the front for a bit. He actually  did a pretty good job today, steady and consistent. So it was a nice ride for us all I think.

                                                                 After a little warm up.



Of course I am an ass man ha ha!




Gina feeling comfy even on the windy section.


Jose on a turn at the front.


Happy at the coast looking forward to the tailwind.





Heard she is a crazy chick but hey, boobs are boobs ha ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment