Sunday, November 10, 2019

Sunday SART with Gina

36 miles 16.5 average speed with Gina on SART today. Nice day, not too much wind inland. Almost thought we were going to have a tailwind to the coast. Would have been nice. Got to Edna Park and still not much wind. Maybe around Warner I started feeling it but not too bad. Of course I did GMR yesterday so I let Jose take the front the final 4 miles. He said he was tired from his 24 miler yesterday on the trail. Well, he did say he had gotten a vaccination that messed him up so he had a hard time on Saturday. I had been at the front for 14 miles by this time so hey, go ahead. He did a pretty good job of holding a steady pace. I had been holding a steady 16 into the headwind, not too hard, not too soft. I was trying to end it with a 16 average for Gina today. If we got more I'd be happy too.

Oh wow, so much nicer behind another rider ha ha! At the coast we ran into Terrible Tim on his bent. Some more stories of how he acquired the thing. A few ride stories he told us then we were off heading back. He decided to ride with us on the return. He stayed at the back the entire time and I stayed at the front doing a decent pace. 18.4 was our bridge to bridge on the way back. Gina was doing well so I kept it up and the pace was at 16.4 when we hit Edna Park. I thought it might drop a bit as usual seeing Gina usually poops out at this point. Mostly mental I think but today she kept right up without missing a beat. Next thing I know we're back to the fire station and Gina is looking strong still.

What really surprised me was that Tim kept falling back on most of the short inclines. He said he had a hard time keeping up on the little hills but I didn't believe him. Not that these are actually hills but he was right, he fell back ha ha! I guess those things are fast on the flats but it takes practice to climb on a bent I think. I've seen a dude climbing GMR passing me a couple years back when I was still decent on the climb. But since then, I can't say I have ever seen anybody do GMR on a bent. Cool contraption but hopefully I never get one. I dunno, I think I'd give up cycling and take up walking before I hop on a bent fulltime or even a motorized bike. Wow, so many of those things on the trail now, it's not even funny!














No comments:

Post a Comment