Saturday, September 23, 2017

No Bike, Hike !!!

5.7 mile hike, a little over 1,000 ft of gain. No cycling today, got a wedding to attend. Being pressed fro time, we hiked with Aimee who is training for a big hiking trip in Peru. Her trip is 6 days, 4-8 hours of hiking per day with the hardest day hiking through Salkntay Pass which is over the 15,000 ft level. Then they zip line down about 1,000 ft and sleep in a capsule overhanging the edge of a mountain. No not for me ha ha! But we hiked with her today, little jump start on the training.

I don't know the exact details of Aimee's hiking trip, may have gotten things a little mixed up here and there but all I know is that you could not pay me enough to crawl in that little capsule hanging off the mountain ha ha!


About half way up!



Near the top. Parking lot is on the straight section of road right about the center of the part in Aimee's hair ha ha!


Aimee wanted a pic of herself without Gina. OK not really ha ha! Gina said she looked kind of dopey in the picture so she asked me to take her out but said Aimee looked nice in the photo.


Almost done and back on somewhat flat ground.


The profile. I prefer the climbing, down hill bothers me more than the climb. Gina is the opposite. 


Heeeeeeeeck NO! Aimee can have it! You can not pay me enough to climb in that thing. he capsule she will be sleeping in on her hiking trip in Peru. :-O


No comments:

Post a Comment