Saturday, September 9, 2017

GMR (Almost the High Point)

32.7 miles with 4,150 ft of gain today with Mike. Mike looked good all day and I was the one suffering but once we got near the high point, we turned around. Heck I was ready to suffer it out but Mike said he thought that was enough for today. Maybe he felt sorry for me ha ha!

We did run into Matt along the way. He turned around and headed back up to talk to us. Good thing cause I'm not sure I would have made it back up had I been the one to turn around ha ha! Always good chatting with Matt. Saw GMR and her friends but they kept going. Can't blame them. Once you're heading down the road on GMR it's hard to turn back as most times, you're just ready to get off the bike!

Once we were up the road, I took a look at my Garmin. We had 3200 ft last week so this week I figured if we got in 4,000 of climbing, we'd be good. Maybe next week, not sure what Gina has planned but if we ride again, I think the village is in the cards.

I figured we might turn back before the village today so that's why I took the hydration pack. Man that thing is like strapping a 10 pound weight on your back ha ha! Plus I tend to load it up a little more than with just water. When I'm in better shape and make it to the village no problem, then I'll stick the my water bottles and ditch the hydro-pak.

I forgot to add, on the way back we were on our side descending a turn. Some moron in a blue Miyata car convertible was hugging our side of the shoulder zooming around like a little kid. He almost took me out! C'mon dude, you're sixty something years old and ricky racing like a teenager on GRR? Grow up before you kill someone! I know a cyclist who belongs to a Miyata car club. Hopefully he knows this old Asian guy and mentions the incident to him. Tell him to grow up before he kills somebody!

                  My hydration pack and my butt for those who don't like me, you can kiss it ha ha!


Pleasant Matt


Mike at the shack


The Profile


Carbed up last night at Spaghetti Factory but those shrimp scampi things go in my way! :-P


What is dinner without Gina dropping half of it on her clothes? 


Lasagna for me, ravioli for Gina




No comments:

Post a Comment