Sunday, September 17, 2017

SART Sunday

35 miles at 16.4 average with Gina and buddies. I felt better this week after a GMR ride. Did a little more on GMR yesterday but felt good today so the fitness must be improving a little bit. Last week I was dying on the SART ride after GMR ha ha! Gina did very well, a little faster and a little less effort it seems. She didn't yell at me once on this ride he he he!

Did see the Legend Greg go rolling by. Not too many riders out. Good but then again, a little less motivating.

I swear there are some dufus riders out there. Today we were passing some dude near Kramer heading south. I saw him ahead but noticed approaching riders so I slowed half a step to time the riders so once I passed the dude ahead of us, we would have clear passage. I kept the dude about 20 yards ahead to avoid any mishaps. Once the opposing riders went by, I returned to our pace and started the pass. Gina shouted to the guy that there were 2 more (Aimee and Jose) just to be safe.

The guy speeds up as Aimee is rolling by and starts shouting, "HURRY UP WITH YOUR PASS BECAUSE I AM TURNING RIGHT UP HERE!!!".

OK dumass! Why speed up? If you held the same pace, you'd be passed by the time we reached the next exit, which was about 100 yards away!  Uhhh, if you turn right, you're going into the river! I didn't say anything to the guy but I was thinking all this. Not to mention, if you are getting passed, keep your pace to avoid mishaps. DON"T lift your pace then expect others to pass you at a faster speed. We aren't racing! We were simply passing when you lifted the pace to warn us about your turnoff. I myself think once we are passing, as long as we are passing safely, it's the other guy's responsibility to time it so he makes his turn safely. DON"T cut off our riders then whine about turning off. The dude had like 50 more yards. Clearly we were doing a faster pace (with very little effort), he should have just realized he was a slower rider and let us pass. DUFUS!

Then later as we pass under the 22 heading south, some man and lady stop on the turn. He's got his bike on the shouler but the lady has her bike parked right in the center of the southbound lane. WOW! Blind turn too?!

So luckily I see them and slow the group down seeing there are about 3 or 4 oncoming riders. We slow way down then I say politely, "parking in the center of the lane on a blind turn is dangerous for all of us." The guys starts shouting, "OK THANK YOU,  GOT YOU ALRIGHT!".

Dumb sarcastic SOB old man. I should have went back to beotch slap the guy but Gina said I can't go around beating up old sarcastic men on hybrids ha ha! People like that are more dangerous than the  homeless idiots out there ha ha! Anyway, hope he learned something!

Ran into Joaquin and Eduardo at the coast. Getting a couple good pics of Joaquin's new bike.



Rode my old 1998 Cannondale today. I sure like this bike!


Girl hopped on the back and sucked wheel for about 4  or 5 miles.


Joaquin and Edduard










No comments:

Post a Comment