Saturday, November 17, 2018

Gina's First Trail Ride In About a Year

Good news, bad news! Good news is Gina did pretty well, better than I expected. bad news, I let her wear one of my new jerseys, the Elmo Loves You jersey. She insists on wearing them home and stopping for a bite to eat, she got teriyaki sauce on it, two different spots. Not sure what's going on but every time we eat nowadays, Gina drops food on her blouse.

So now that the bad news is out of the way, a 25 miler at a 15.9 average speed. I kept the pace low and steady but the freaking headwind on the way to the coast kicked up! But that was cool cause I could keep the pace at a steady decent effort and not go too fast. Those short 10 mile rides I did with Gina over the last couple of weeks really paid off I think because she did really well. She faded on the last 1/2 mile or so but she got much further than I expected. I was actually expecting her to seriously fade on the way to the coast but she didn't!

It has been almost a year since she has been on the bike before the last 2 or 3 rides around home the last couple of weeks so I was happy with her performance today. Aimee also says she has not been on the bike for over a year, and since the last time she rode with us. Wow, that went by fast, I thought it was only 6 months or so but nope, been a year. She did really well today and looked good but she's been doing her elliptical machine for a couple of weeks or so (don't remember the specifics) but now darn Gina wants an elliptical. Uhh NO! She's has stair masters, butt blasters, bicycle trainers, step aerobics, and the best of the best when it comes to Jane Fonda aerobic tapes and they collected dust for years so no, no machines!

At the coast we ran into Herb and Alyce. hadn't actually had a visit with them in a long time. Well I did ride with Alyce once about a year ago, maybe more, man it flies by! But we had a good visit with them at the coast. Both have lost weight and look healthy. Alyce has lost a total of 56 pounds, WOW!

They rode back with us and if I remember correctly, they said and must have been on an easy spin day. I was keeping the pace down so Gina wouldn't fade and both Herb and Alyce tagged along for the ride. I was expecting them to shoot around as soon as we left the coast seeing I was holding it down for Gina but they just enjoyed the ride. Though I do remember Herb telling me they worked out at the gym last night so that may have played a roll in their not minding our easy cruise back pace.

Did see Ron and Dixie fly by in the opposite direction right as we left the coast. Gina said another 2 minutes and they would have rode up while we were still at the coast. So we missed them today. I'm sure Gina would have liked to visit with Dixie too but, it's their fault for showing up late ha ha! :-P

Oh, I almost forgot, live entertainment today. Couple of homeless ladies fighting out in the parking lot today at Huntington Beach right next to the rest area. Heard a loud noise, looked over and junk all over the lot. One bag lady was on the other giving her a beat down. I think she was choking her too when a couple of homeless dudes ran over and started yelling at her to stop. She wouldn't so they started kicking her and trying to push her off.  Finally she gets off then starts trying to fight one of the dudes. I'd put my money on the old chick ha ha! She was going off seriously then finally after a few minutes and a few spectators recording the scuffle, some officers showed up and ruined the action. Heck, I watched Bellator cage fighting last night and the action on TV wasn't even this good! :-P



                                                    Starting out, me and the girls!


My fat head! Yes, that is my Elmo Gina just stained with teriyaki sauce!


Herb and Alyce


All 3 girls


Heading back!


Zoom, there goes Alyce!


Aimee at the front


Aimee pulling the troops, what's left of us! :-P


I don't usually get my pic taken much but Aimee caught a couple pics of us playing with the birds. Man these guys just jump up onto you, no fear! We didn't even have food or give them anything, they just liked us I guess! OK maybe not, I think they were very hungry and there were about 100 of them.

From Aimee's cell cam.




No comments:

Post a Comment