Saturday, November 24, 2018

Another 25 with Gina Today

Another 25 at 16.0 average. Just a hair faster than last week but with more ease. She says she was struggling but she kept up the entire way unlike last week when we had to slow and wait for her a couple of times. So there is some improvement! :-P

Kind of a cool dark but sunny day, I dunno! Nice though, can't argue! Ran across Herb and Alyce, and Joaquin. But for the most part, not many riders today. Must have been out on turkey day. The parking area where I parked was totally empty as far as cyclist vehicles. That was nice too! I think I did see Pete fly by too! Looked like a couple of triathletes flying by in the opposite direction. One shouted "Beanz!". I think it was Pete.

So anyway, got in a ride, that's what counts. Oh yeah on a new saddle on my 1998 Cannondale. WTB saddle about $50. Got it dialed in and it feels really good. Much better today than last week. Takes trial and error at times. Glad because I was thinking about buying a new Terry Fly TITANIUM rails. I've really had good luck with them in the past. BUT, first one was $59 back in 2005, $69 back in 2011, but the frickers want $160 for a frickin' saddle now? 

I like the saddle, $100 maybe, maybe even another $10 but $160? :-O

Forget about it, I'll find another saddle. This is my 4th WTB saddle and all have been comfortable. One $100 back in 2005, the one that broke couple weeks back. The others are $50 models that actually feel pretty good. Not that I can't afford the $160, it's more principle to me. Frickers wanting to soak me for money, for something that hasn't changed or improved.  Sorry, can't do it!

Anyway, a nice ride today! :-)



My old 1998 but new saddle, rode nicely today!




Here comes Joaquin!


there goes Joaquin! Needless to say, I din't recognize him coming and missed the frontal face shot.


      


No comments:

Post a Comment