Saturday, December 1, 2018

Gina Do Good Today!

32 miles at 16.5 MPH average speed. Another 5 miles and 1/2 a mile an hour faster today. Nice ride Gina and Aimee is almost always riding strong even after more than a year off the bike as well. At the coast we ran into Alex and Mike. Both doing about 80 miles. Mike rode back with us for the 12 mile return back to the fire station. I did sit at the front all day setting the pace for Gina. Too many times I see guys riding with their wives, sprinting and opening gaps forcing them to constantly close the gaps. Really wears them down then they fall back. Me, I like to keep steady so we all have a nice strong ride. I even slow a bit at the top of each underpass so Gina has a chance to catch her breath if she's tired. She did seem to fade for a few seconds a couple of different times. But the trick is to take a drink of water when you notice her fade. Gives her a chance to stay on and I get my water ha ha!

One thing I did notice is that too many idiot cyclists were out today. I see cyclist whine and cry about how vehicular traffic sucks blah blah blah. But really, too many cyclist suck as well. Going down an underpass somewhere around Warner, we're rolling down in a straight line. But the opposite lane has 2 side by side riders, and 2, yes I said 2, tandems in our lane heading head on with us. Wow, what a bunch of idiots! Sad thing is that these were a local Orange County cycling club. You'd think they would promote cycling safety rather than stupidity. Nope, I didn't slow down. I gave them the look and let them slam on their brakes to get the F#@K out of the way.

I see another small group approaching the short steep underpass at the golf course near Edna Park. 4 guys approaching so I signal and alert my buds that we have approaching traffic. I can freakin' see them on the other side. Now they have 4 riders as well, can at least one of them pay attention realizing there is oncoming traffic in that sketchy section? Nope! 3 guys in the opposite lane and one guy right in the center of our lane coming head on with me at about 8 mph. Holy cow! Too many morons on bikes. No, not the beach cruiser types most cyclists whine about ( I rarely have issues with them) but full kit hot shot looking types. Yeah they look cool and like skilled cyclists but I guess the outfit and bike has nothing to do with common sense and safety.





I've been told before that I must have a good oxygen intake rate for a guy my size. No doubt with these nostrils! :-P




Later in the evening, we went to check out the Claremont Art Walk. I had never heard of it but our artist friend Ruben mentioned it on Facebook. He had a display there, kind of cool scene. Lots of people, lots of artists, and food. We didn't eat anything there but it was tempting. I hadn't had dinner yet so I wanted to save my appetite. So we hit the gig, snapped a few pics of Ruben selling his paintings. That is amazing that this dude actually has people hand him money for something he drew on paper. Heck, I couldn't draw a straight line if my life depended on it and no way in heck would anybody ever even give me a buck for it ha ha!

Ruben and his display at the Packing House Claremont











BTW, I have gotten into advertising with my photography! :-P

This is one of the waiters at a joint we frequent. He's one of the guys in the baseball pics. He has a good sense of humor and on my facebook so I used him as my model ha ha!

I never believed in whitening tooth past till one of my friends told me about Colgate Optic White! :-P




No comments:

Post a Comment