Saturday, December 8, 2018

Jose, Alyce, and Herb, Little Mix on the Ride.

43.5 miles at 17.7 average speed with Jose today. Starting at the fire station we headed inland to Yorba Park. First part was cool but once we hit Kramer, man the headwind was pretty stiff. The trees not moving much but the wind was there. One of those deceptive headwinds.

I held the front for the first 3 miles or so. I like to do that as it gives me a chance to spin up my legs not having to try to hold another's pace off the line. I warm up better that way.  Then I let Jose take the front. That seems to be when the wind kicked up so we started swapping turns every mile.

Heading back to the coast we had a pretty good tailwind in the Yorba area. I'm a master pacer, I don't kick it up when the wind blows us from behind. I hold a pace, today about 19 comfortably. Yeah we could have kicked it up to 30 had we tried but Mr. Beanz ain't stupid ha ha! I've seen too many guys doing just that then a few miles down the road when the wind switches, they're barely rolling into the wind or as I have seen a couple of time, on the side of the road ready to pass out with tear in their eyes. So I tell Jose that we will keep it down and conserve cause I know sooner or later, the wind will switch and we'll need energy to fight the wind.

Moron of the day: Too many out there. Not sure if it is arrogance, stupidity or just flat out ass  holeness ha ha! Gaining on a guy getting ready to pass. But 10 feet before we do, he speeds up. OK. Hold our pace, let the guy fade. He does, get ready to pass again, he speeds up again. OK!

Finally after a really long 1/4 mile or so, the dude can't hang so this time I know we are going to pass. I ring my bell, politely saying 2 of us on your left but the dude is riding about 6 inches from the center line. I start the pass and he picks up the speed clinging to the center line. OK dumbass! 

I have read so many times on forums, a holes saying it is the passing rider;s responsibility to make sure it's safe to pass. True but why be an ass hole and add to the situation. You're fucking slow, move the fuck over an allow other riders to pass safely!

I call out and even ring my bell again so he can't deny knowing we are there. As I am passing I look at his ears thinking maybe he is one of those ass hats that wear earbuds at full volume and having no sense of what's going on around him. But that was not the case, he had noting in his ears. So my final assessment is the guy is just an asshole. 

So we pass him and he sticks on the side till he can't hold the pace any longer. Fades back then hops on the back of our 2 man train. I'm at the front and look back figuring he's one of those ass hats that is too arrogant to say hi but enough of an asshole that he thinks we should be friends when he needs help.

But I'm at the front so F you, I pick it up and sure enough he drops off like a fly who has had enough shit to eat, on a big dog turd, that ate too much, well you know what I mean. I really don't know much about dog turds cause I don't have a dog but you get the idea. :-P

Then we run into Alyce and Herb at the coast. Alyce has been awesome over the last couple of years. She has dropped 56 pounds by eating healthy and working out. Jose and I had cooled down when the two showed up at the beach stop. It' time to go so I tell them we will tag along if they don't mind.

Alyce takes the front and as soon as we hit the trail, she's flying at about 22 or 23 MPH. Holy cow, not much of a warm up so I'm thinking I may not last long at this pace ha ha! Finally she moves over and lets Herb take the front. I'm figuring he'll be a little slower so I can warm up my legs. But the dude goes even faster! Oh snot! Hey if I fall back, I fall back but I give it a good effort to hang on. Would be much nicer if I had time to warm up my legs though. I'm still here then Herb pulls off. thank God cause my legs were frying, from cold to fry, no warming up ha ha!

Like I said, I am a master pacer so I carry the pace a bit lower but steady. I know this is going to give them a chance to catch their breath. If I race off, they'll try to catch me, they'll get tired, I'll get tired and we'll fall apart. Knowing that, if I keep a pace, we all benefit. After my turn I pull to the side and drop back. OK, where is Jose?

I'm falling to the back and Jose tells me to get in front of him. But, but , but what about the rotation? He says he doesn't want to take a turn. I know why, last time it was Alyce, me and Jose, she really pounded the pedals and dropped Jose ha ha! So I think in his head he has a fear of getting dropped again, and not wanting that to happen again.

So we rotate some then Alyce says she has to lower her heart rate. Thank God cause I was fried. I ended up at the front again and just tried to old a steady pace to the end of my ride after Jose turned off. 

It was a little too fast too soon at the start of the return for me, but hey, we had a good ride and a good workout!

                                                                  Team Fat Bastard


The wind in Yorba made us both feel like OLD Fat Bastards ha ha! 


Alyce, I think it's a total of 56 pounds dropped now!


Right away 22-23 MPH. Ever try pulling a camera out of your pocket, out of the case, snapping a few pics, then placing it back in the case, back in the pocket and trying not to lose a step? You know, we could all do like 14 MPH and the picture would look the same! :-P



Herb and Alyce


No comments:

Post a Comment