Monday, December 10, 2018

Azz Hats On The Trail

I often mention this as it seems to be part of our usual ride. You're riding along minding your own business when some ass hat will make an obnoxious, stupid, or arrogant remark. Happens to me a lot while riding. Passing somebody into the wind, they will not return a greet, give you a dirty look, just totally ignore you, or say something stupid as if to say they are faster, stronger or whatever! OK then why am I passing you?!

I get it all the time! Not only from men but women as well. Not sure what happened over the last few years but women used to be kind, nice and friendly on the bike. The last few years I've noticed some really arrogant women as well. I've told this story before but I will again. One day Gina and I were cruising at a set pace to the coast. We caught up to some heavy gal, I will say heavy as none of us are really TDF material out here, but this gal was heavy. I'm guessing 6 inches shorter than I but maybe 10 pounds heavier! Yeah, that is heavy. Not just a curvy woman like I like them, I mean heavy! And not that I have anything against heavy women, but she was the last person out there that should be challenging anybody. Nice bike and kit though!

We were rolling up just holding the pace. Gina and I were about to pass so I dinged my bell, called out politely. She looked back and us with this obnoxious look on her face, turned back to her hubby and shouted, C'MON HONEY, LET'S GOOOO!!!!

She blasted off pretty well for a rider over my weight. I don't even accel that fast at my weight. :-p But she blasted off then 30 seconds later faded fast. We just kept our pace and rolled by her with a smile. One of those obnoxious smiles, returning the obnoxiousness ha ha! Pretty sure she felt stupid. I know I would so I really avoid these kinds of confrontations and challenges. If I think I'm rolling pretty good, at my best then some dude rolls by me like a total bad ass, I let him do his thing and continue to do mine. I don't put myself in a position to set myself up for humiliation!

So often I mention these fools but others say I make up these stories in my head. But I have had several female riders back up my stories, as well as other male rider partners where we end up laughing at some moron!

Of course there are the morons on the forums who say I exaggerate seeing they have never encountered these riders. Of course not, you're doing 13 MPH! Nobody is going to draft you then sprint around. You have to have some kind of ability to see the fools who do this! ;-)

Doing 17, 18, 19 MPH averages on the trail, yes you will see this happen often. That is a pretty decent speed for the trail as an average. This is when you encounter the morons who you pass, suck your wheel, then sprint around you.........only to fade 1/4 mile later. I don;t get it but it happens all the time!

So anyway, I got this video from a friend today! Prime example of morons being obnoxious and/or saying stupid things when they shouldn't!

So this tandem pulls out of the park, 2 electric bikes coming up from behind as the tandem enters the trail and begins to work up to speed. The 1st of the electric bikes rolls by and the lady shouts," you should have gotten an electric bike!".

YES!!!! Very impressive, you're passing other riders who are just spinning up! The second of the two rolls by, not sure if he said anything, didn't hear about that but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt so he's cool! It's the lady that is the ass hat in this case. ;-)

The tandem is not too happy with her obnoxiousness so they rev it up and blow by the electric bikes at 30 MPH! Ha ha ha, what happened?! So in retaliation, as the tandem rolls by, the captain shouts, "my battery doesn't go dead!!" then leave the 2 electric bikes behind ha ha ha!

I saw this video and figured I'd bring it up and post it here on my blog just to show the obnoxious attitude of other cyclist, electric cyclists, and whoever else uses the trail. Of course there are some really cool people out there. Heck I had a really cool encounter with an electric cyclist this same day,. He didn't act like and ass hat like the lady in the video. So for me, I just can't figure out the obnoxious attitude out there.

Prime example so I asked permission to post it. Surely granted, to show the ass hats out there ha ha!





Btw, I copied a couple of images from Ron's Strava as he captured a couple of images of us heading the opposite direction.

                                         Last week Saturday. Me, Gina, Aimee, Alyce, and Herb


This Sunday, Me, Gina, and Jose


No comments:

Post a Comment