Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Tandem Night Ride

11.6 easy warm up, loosen up the legs ride. Getting old, my legs were tight from this weekends effort ha ha! So I figured we would hit the streets tonight, lights, ankle reflectors and all for a few good miles.

You know, I like dogs and understand that people like to walk their dogs, it's nice! But when you are walking 2 dogs and one is a big dog (Samoyed), you really ought to pull your head out of your ass and pay attention. We rolled by in the bike lane as some guy was walking his dog around the loop. The dog lunged at us as we rolled by. The dude was on his phone, both dogs in one hand. Now I heard the dog growling before we even got there so I knew that he was going to bark at minimum.

So OK, once! Then later we rolled by again, the freaking dog just about lunged off the curb and out of his hands. The moron still on the phone. He had to see us coming with the lights and I was sure to make sound as to not surprise the dogs. Of course he is freaking paying attention so I guess we surprised the stupid owner.

F that! I shouted ,"C'MON MAN!!!". Then I said out loud that I need to get some pepper spray or call the cops loud enough so he could hear me.

OK once, second time, pull your head out of your ass! If you have an aggressive dog, get off the freaking phone and hold the 2 dogs with both hands. I knew the dog was aggressive the second encounter so yes, made sure it was safe and went wide out of the bike lane. So if your dog can get even close to us at this point, you're an irresponsible idiot!

Third encounter, I hear the dog starting even before we get there so we go wide. Finally the dude is paying attention so he holds his dogs but that one still standing on his hind legs while the idiot holds him back.

Yeah, I have that kind of mind. If you let your dog bite my wife, I'm going to hunt you down and burn your house! :-/

I swear people are idiots. I try to have a good time on the bike but morons make it hard. We're riding in the bike lane going with traffic when some moron comes around a turn on an electric bike, head on with us and a bright light. WTF! He rolled by and I shouted, "HOLY SHIT!". He did startle me as I did not expect someone to come head on from out of the darkness straight into your path. Make things worse,  he comes around a second time and there is a car behind us and I am not freaking going out into the lane with a car at my back passing at about 30 MPH.

So I hug the curb and force that idiot onto the white line of the bike lane. When he rolls by the second time, I shouted, "THERE ARE SOME FUCKING STUPID PEOPLE AROUND HERE!".

Hell yeah there is and I ain't ascared to fight any dude that rides an electric bike! :-/

Anyway, I tried to have a good time on the bike tonight!

                                 People ask me if we're fast on the tandem. You tell me! :-P






Couple of shots from our backyard looking over the fence. That jacuzzi makes me feel like getting in ha ha! Rather nice even when it's cold.




No comments:

Post a Comment