Sunday, December 30, 2018

Tandem SART

35 WINDY miles on the trail today. 16.0 average which was decent I think considering we haven't ridden the tandem on the trail in over a year. Could be 1.5 to 2 years maybe as we ride singles most times riding with others.

I did GMR last week, good workout, I did a ride with Gina the week before, then one alone. So I am feeling pretty good. I have been after Gina to ride more with me but she's slackin'. So I am not sure what got into me today but I suggested the tandem. Knowing it always hurts when your stoker has not been riding much. But feeling bad for Gina facing the wind on her single and knowing the wind was kicking up, well you know me, Mr. Nice Guy!

So anyway, yeah it was tough! The wind was hurting and Gina has not done more than 20 feet of climbing in the last 10 rides. Exaggeration but close to true. So the little hills/ramps were killer today. Man, I was feeling pain in places I had not before. Like between the bones of the ankles after climbing those little bastards!

But we survived and maybe we need to start riding the tandem more often as it seems to motivate Gina to ride. Yeah, had a feeling if I did not chose the tandem today, she may have not got on the bike. Hmm, I think maybe but not sure, this way she did for sure! And again, knowing the wind was there.

I will say that today we did not see that many riders. Not as many as usual. the wind tends to do that! :-P

                 The fire station at Orangewood to the Circle K, a stretch then double back to the beach!


But yes, taking pics, one handed, on a tandem, into the wind! Talk about skill! :-P


Well at least my little rocks are coming back! They had to in this wind today!


Ron and Dixie caught us on camera leaving the coast with someone on our wheel.

Image courtesy of Ron and Dixie


Just A pic I took of the San Antonio Heights Waiting Station yesterday. Cool history and some Gina pics.







No comments:

Post a Comment