Thursday, December 20, 2018

Another Ride Around the Hood Solo

Gina had stuff to do so I headed out alone. 11.6 miles at 16.1 average speed around the hood. Not too cold of a night, only 57 which is nice. But I did wear a windbreaker and tights tonight after the chilly knees couple days back.

I am surprised at how many people ride their bikes on the wrong side of the road at night. Pretty scary when you see a headlight coming at you and you aren't sure what's going on, walkers, bikes. wolf with illuminated eyes, could eat me! :-O

Tonight heading around a turn in the darkness when I see two lights heading my way. Thought they might be walkers then I heard a little girl's voice say,"whoah whoah what's that?!". I recognized them as bike and they took the inside so I took the out. I'd much rather take the in as they can see if vehicles are coming but meh, a little girl so I couldn't swear at her ha ha! Plus she did make me feel a little better as I approached she said, "Wow, I thought it was motorcycle!". Then we met again about a 1/4 way around the loop once again. I did 3/4 and they did 1/4 so I know I was kicking that little 11 y/o girls's ass ha ha! Then her father shouted out, "Wow, that was fast!". So I figure they're good people if they think I'm fast he he he!

Plus, tonight was much better as that dude with the 2 big dogs was walking on the other side of the street tonight. I only crossed paths with them once tonight and the dogs were going crazy trying to get loose to chase something else rather than me. So that was good but dude, those dogs would be considered aggressive in my book and you really should be a little more concerned about it as their are people walking and jogging on sidewalks in both directions.

But it was a good ride and I had a good time spending quality time in the cool night air.

Hope you guys appreciate this shot. The ole " from behind over the shoulder to get the Christmas lights" shot ha ha ha!









No comments:

Post a Comment