Sunday, December 9, 2018

32 with Gina

32 miles at 16.4 average speed with Gina today. Nice day! My legs were tired from yesterday and here I was feeling sorry for Gina not having been on the bike much this year. But today there were a few times I had to push to keep myself rolling when she would roll by me. I felt almost as if I might not be able to keep up with her today ha ha!

Pretty much a solo effort as Jose stayed in the back all day and didn't offer to help. Gina took the front a couple of times so I could take pics but for the most part, I was at the front. Again, yes it is nice to have help but knowing some people won't hold a steady pace, I'd rather do it myself.

But to my surprise, the riders out there today were very cool! I had plenty of riders waving at us, at me which is unusual. Passing riders gave us warning, passed riders let us pass, I thought it was be kind to cyclist day or something ha ha!

Anyway, not used to back to back riding days, I wonder how it was we used to do back to back 44 mile rides with no sweat. OK yeah I know, we were younger, not the old farts we are today! :-P

The Cranky Old Bastard jersey is very cool. I didn't like it much when I ordered it online. But did as it was only $24 and I had a $5 gift card from Love to Pedal dot com. So it was only $19 or so, if my math is correct. But getting it in the mail, opening the bag I was pleasantly surprised with the actual colors, very nice!

On the ride, this jersey has gotten more comments from other riders than any of the other jerseys I have purchased recently. One dude said he would even wear it on his Harley ha ha!

I've grown tired of the plain colors and lousy design of Performance so I invested in some jerseys just to add some colors. I've include a few images of my collection now just for the viewing.


Yes, I am an ass man! :-P




Even I look cool in this jersey!



Kind of makes you proud to be a Mexican, doesn't it? Bunch of low lives!

















No comments:

Post a Comment