Saturday, April 13, 2019

26 miler with Gina, Not Bad!

She did the 26 miles no problem after another 2 months off, damn hospital people. Did a 16.0 average without trying too hard. I know she wasn't trying to hard because not once did she call me a bad name ha ha!

The two of us started off alone. I figured we would be slow, her two months off and I acquired a stiff muscle after climbing on ladders, twisting and turning, sanding and painting  over the last few days. Stiff and painful the first couple miles but once stopped at Edna Park, actually felt some relief from standing I guess, a stretch perhaps.

There we ran into Jose who was on a longer ride. He asked if I had plans to ride this weekend but I said I didn't know. Though I wanted to ride alone seeing Gina hasn't been on the bike much and me stiff. I figured a short easy ride would be good. So I never told him we would ride. BUT, there he was and sure enough, he hopped on the back for the entire ride.

Turned out to be a nice day though and a nice ride. The Sikad Bayan ride was also going on. We started late so we saw most on the return as we headed to the coast. One thing I cannot understand are the dopes who cut the trail short around the blind turns. Like the end of the golfcourse at the 22 fwy. You can't see around the turn because of the freeway structure but yet these ass hats cut the trail short. They take the oncoming lane to cut it short. C'mon, with the traffic on SART, any dumb ass can figure out there might be oncoming traffic around the blind turn. I guess that is why it turns my stomach when I read bad driver stories on cycling forums. Too many ass hats that can't even ride a bike safely. I'm sure they are even more stupid in a car. Not to mention, I have ridden with too many ass hats who are pretty dangerous on the bikes. So much I won't even ride with them any longer. I don't want to get hurt and if they hurt someone, I want no part of it. The really funny thing is sitting at the beach stop listening them whine about drivers then on the way back, they nearly cause a few accidents on the trail by doing stupid things. Hmm!

Happened to me today! Going around the turn, some ass hat is in the center of my lane in the blind turn.  Sorry man, but if you take me out head on, I'm going to have to throw an elbow into your jaw as we collide. I figure it's a form of self defense and protection against stupid bike riders and maybe it will teach them a lesson having a broken jaw. Gina's behind me and if you cause me to crash, I'm doing the best I can to clear the road for her hoping she can avoid the crash and injury. That's my thoughts on these ass hats!

                                                         Getting ready to roll!


Peace Yo!


Funny dude in back. We caught him from a long way out. Sees us coming and tries to race off, OKAY! We catch and pass then he hops on the back. Sure enough, couple miles later he sprints around and tries to stay away. I'm just laughing knowing we caught him once and he seemed to be struggling while we were cruising. Sure enough he's looking back thinking we are racing. Then once we are about to catch him, he turns off at the exit ha ha! Clown!



Tho pony tail!


Another clown. Flies by as we leave the coast. Pretty impressive 24 MPH sprint as he goes around. Gets 1/4 mile ahead then 5 miles later we roll up on him just holding our pace. He starts looking back at us through his little time trial visor thing. Pulls away, fades, then catch him again. This time he also hops on the back and drafts for a a mile or so. Again he sprints around at a high rate of speed. Pretty impressive! :-P Then again we pass him just holding our pace. This time the guy is so tired he can't even hold our pace ha ha! Another clown! I will never understand these guys. If someone passes me, go for it, more power to you. Not sure why I would want to impress some dude who just caught me with and impressive sprint ha ha!



Now the fun part. My Dad had been sick for a few years before passing in August. Mom's house needed a lot of work. I have repaired a hundred things already. Haven't counted but everything I touch, I have had to repair, let's put it that way. Now I am working on the kitchen. the ceiling had  a couple of holes, several patches over the years and a fluorescent light fixture removed but never fixed. The leaks had been fixed over the years but never patched properly so hey, let's do it!

My cousins and relatives now call me Dusty Beanz ha ha!


This was the kitchen ceiling before the repairs.

Hole under the blistered paint.


The blister. Because there was a hole, ants would find their way in. Yuck!


After I started patching and repairing dings and dents on the walls.


The fluorescent light's former home. Big patch.


The new improved repaired ceiling. I have also repaired damaged corners on the wall, dings and dents so the walls should look just as nice after I paint them. Just waiting for Mom to chose a color and some paint.

Sooo, so so so so much better! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment