Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter Ride with Gina and the Gang.

I swear, too many freaking A Holes on bikes. No, not the trail, don't fool yourself, it's everywhere but today was the trail.

31 miles with Gina, Aimee and Mike. 15.9 average speed. Not bad, Gina's second ride in a couple months and today a few more miles than last week and just one point under the pace. Heck, that could have been the breeze. But she did well. Aimee just about always does well and Mike, heck with Mike, who cares ha ha!

SO anyway, just starting out, we head from Orangewood to Lincoln (our turn around point). We get to the really wide area next to the train station. Locals know how much freaking room there is there. But 2 stupid triathletes on aerobars decide it's a good idea to stop blocking the entire lane with bikes parked across the lane. C'mooon!

We go by then as we are getting close to Lincoln, one passes. Good clean safe pass, no issues with this guy.

But the second ass hole is about 50 yards behind the other guy. Gina says she thought the second on, the ass hole was a gal. I wasn't sure. All covered up in tights as if it were 10 degrees here in So Cal. So anyway, I look up the riders on Strava hoping that ass hole is posting so I can share a few words. But only the first rider has posted and WOWEEEE! A whopping 16.6 MPH average. A super duper high speed worth risking the safety of others. Even if the second rider is a woman, she's still an ass hole!

So, the four of us are just starting out, holding a steady pace as always. I'm at the front when the second ass hole decides to pass while traffic is approaching from the other side. I was in the middle of my lane and had no idea the rider was going to pass. Gina luckily a little to my right on my wheel.

The ass hole starts passing and then I'm guessing figured not enough time, not as fast as the rider thought he/she was, so the rider buzzes the fuck out of me! It was as if the rider went right under my arm. I mean I am a lot taller and the rider was super low and on aerobars. So it was as if the rider buzzed my ankles, WTF!

OK, first off ass hole, who risks the safety or other riders around them for a 16,6 average speed on a 38 mile ride. WTF! You're slow so fucking be careful that you don't hurt anyone pretending to be an Ironman superstar.

Good thing that rider didn't take me down because Gina was on my wheel and I would have been pissed. If you had not been hurt but hurt Gina, I'm telling you know, you would not have walked away from the scene. You're going to the hospital!

So after the ass hole passes, I realized what happened and shouted several obscene words. The rider sat up as if almost wanting to look back and reply, apologize, something was there but he/she decided to go back down on the aerobars to hold their outstanding 16.6 average speed.

Man, I was hoping, HOPING that rider would look back and start talking some shit! Even after the ride had pulled away, I still felt like catching up and shouting in his/her face telling them what a big fucking asshole he/she was!

Meh! I've had a few assholes confront me before and no, never intimidated me or made me feel like I couldn't beat the fuck out of them right there on the spot. I'm guessing whoever this asshole was, thought twice about starting shit. Good thing because the way that ride was laboring and barely pulling away, at an amazing 16.6 average speed, I wouldn't have had any problem running them down.

Sorry, I get fired up but these ass holes are just too much. Heck, we've been cranking at 24, 25, even 26 at times and if I see a kid, another rider, shaky or stable, I'll back off and make sure I pass safely so that at the end of a fun hobby day, we all go home safely and in one piece. WTF, 16.6 average speed is worth rising the safety of others? WHT!

So anyway, other than that ass hole, the ride was good!







No comments:

Post a Comment