Saturday, April 6, 2019

Saturday SART with Aimee from Finland

31 miles with Aimee today. 16.3 average same as last week but I had to work hard today to get it. Much windier on the way to the coast. I rarely draft when I set out for a ride but today the legs were screaming. So I hopped on a small group of 3 that rolled by. I know it was windy because I have seen these 3 before and when they pass, they fly by. Today they rolled by but at a much slower rate. I could tell the first 2 were working hard. They got ahead but we actually caught them on a little uphill. So heck, I hopped on for a little break.

Aimee hasn't been on the bike since December or so but did a good job of keeping the pace. Of course she agreed, like me not being on the seat much, the hardest part was the but pain ha ha! She did say that once we caught back up to that little group, she was worried I was going to pass them h a ha!. Nah, I don't do that. If someone catches me and passes me, I never pass them. They caught me for a reason and like too many of those fools I pass who end up sprinting around, I didn't want to play the same game and make a fool of myself. I just held on and took a little break. What a big difference.

OK so Aimee is not from Finland but she went for vacation.  She took the pics below. ;-)




Aimee in Finland pics!




No comments:

Post a Comment