Saturday, June 29, 2019

Feeling Better

40 miles at 17.8 MPH average speed with Jose and Mike. Actually started a little earlier and I may be mistaken but it seemed the headwind was not as bad. Also more tailwind heading South. I've often heard this and years ago I started early before Gina started riding. She hates to get out of bed for early starts. I would but hey, if I want her to ride, I have to be flexible.

But anyway, the 3 of us set off and boy is it much easier with some help ha ha! With 3 guys we all get our share and made it a lot easier for me. Compared to the last 2 weeks, it was much better. Really felt like the rides last week were pretty breezy compared to today. I'll take it!

Not having much time on the bike lately, it has been a struggle. Heck, instead of doing my 30 mile return rides, I just went straight to the 40 to get my butt in gear. Today, I will say my butt feels much better, less soreness than last 2 weeks ha ha! Last couple were a struggle but today I felt much better on the bike. I was able to do some hard efforts. 2 weeks ago I don't think I could have. But the legs are coming back but I really need some hills. So flat around here and less of weekday workouts. Hills make you strong. I even feel the difference in those stupid little hills, ramps on the bike trail. Feel like mountains when you don't do any hill climbs.

But we rode well together today. Mike and Jose looked strong so it was cool. I got lots of help and actually feel like I cheated ha ha! But hey, I'm on the comeback trail so I will take it!

At one point, Jose said he would pull on the return as he was the first stop. I was fine but on the return, just about 1/2 mile before the wooden bridge at Edna Park, I asked him to back off a step. Boy, I was starting to gasp for air and needed to recover. He did for a couple minutes and what a difference.

Tired but happy. No soreness, nothing making me regret the ride, actually feeling good about it which is a good sign that the fitness is coming back.

I did wear my Fat Bastard jersey just in case I really sucked ha ha! But hey, I feel good! Maybe because this entire month has been cookie and ice cream free. Not that I eat that much ice cream, I just thought if I wanted to get back into shape, I need to give it all up. So no cookies, not that I eat that many, just when we go get coffee, Gina offers one of them big cookies so hey! All this month, watching the sugar and junk food. Felt it last couple of weeks but this week, I feel good. maybe the change in diet is coming around.

                                                               Fat Bastard ha ha!







No comments:

Post a Comment