Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I Have Been Hitting the Grass Now That it is Legal

Not that kind of grass people! Mr. Beanz does not do alcohol or drugs no matter how legal they are. I do ice cream but no drugs or alcohol. Matter of fact, I gave up cookies and ice cream all of last month just to get back on track. I wrote a pledge and posted it on a bulletin board. As of today, exactly one month. Really don't have the urge so hopefully I carry on for quite a while!

But back to the grass. My father passed away 10 months ago. He had been sick for 10 years. Doing dialysis for several years as well. Had a ton of trouble with his knees, arthritis and other stuff. So he could not do maintain this big house any longer. Nor could he maintain the yard. They had hired a lawn mower man, we call him that because he really sucks imo and if I had it my way, he'd be gone.

I mean c'mon, you know my Dad can't get out of bed, you see a rock, trash, board, bucket, ball or something someone threw in the yard and you can't freaking pick it up to move it? He would use his weed whacker and go around whatever was there. When we moved in, I noticed a 2 X 4 in the yard, middle of the yard. Something had fallen and the board ended up there. He trimmed around it for a couple of weeks. Right in the middle of the yard, grass growing over, around it, not even using his weed whacker to trim it. Just let the grass grow around it, WTF! Then Mom says he is a nice guy and tips him besides the fee. WTF! Mom is legally blind and can't see WTF he doesn't do ha ha!

Someone who cuts the grass but does not edge it? Dude left a panel from the neighbors fence laying in the corner of the yard, behind the shed, letting the grass grow through it and around it for like 3 months.

Well I stopped that BS! I mentioned things to him, taking my Mom's money and doing a half ass job on the yard. I went out and started doing some things on my own because Mom is too nice. So I did them hoping this dude would get the message figuring I could do the yard and if he doesn't move his ass, he's gone.

It worked because he is on his toes now! I think he was taking advantage of Mom and Dad. Mom can't see and Dad can't walk outside to see what was really going on. Really pissed me off but nice Mom wouldn't say much. I took her hand and took her outside so she could see a few things. She is legally blind but not totally blind. I think I opened her eyes ha ha! She started mentioning things to the guy as well. He ended up doing a little more than expected a couple of times. I think he got the message.

Before I forget, the grass was getting dry about 3 months before Dad passed. Mom asked him to set the timer on the sprinklers. He said he didn't know how, he was just a landscaper, not a sprinkler installer. WTF! I didn't know all this so I went out and set the freaking sprinklers. Plus I watered the yard trying to get it back to green from yellow!

So I started watering to yard to see where we were at. GOPHERVILLE !!! The ground was so tore up that if one walked on the dead grass, one's feet would sink into the ground. OK maybe I am too nice as well but if some old people had a problem, I'd freaking set the sprinklers and place gopher poison pellets in the ground if they asked me.

So I got some vibe stakes that are supposed to keep them away, after chasing them. But they work OK but not totally. Then I got some mechanical traps, dug out the holes and placed them inside. OK that stuff looks good on youtube but when the gopher is approaching the trap, he's pushing dirt and the dirt sets off the trap before the gopher gets to the trip plate. OK so I stuck my entire arm in the ground, got scratched up and dirty for nothing.  I dunno, maybe the gophers on youtube are more sophisticated and can follow the obstacle course thing ha ha!

So anyway, got lots of stuff cleaned up and look at the grass now! ;-)

                                        This is the back. It was totally wasted when we got here!


This was after 2 months. I had been doing the inside of the house but watering it hoping it would start to come back as I worked on the inside. So this is much better than when we got here.


This is the front as of this morning. Ton of gopher holes when we moved in. Yellow dried up grass but now back to green. May not be perfect but I'm looking for green as in a sign of life living her ha ha!

A small dried patch toward the top of the image. That was where the gopher ate his last meal! ;-) Pellets work the best IMO.



No comments:

Post a Comment