Saturday, July 27, 2019

Fat Bastard Up Peacock Saddle Again!

Started really early today, 6:30'ish. 13 mile climb 3,018 ft of gain. Cool but to avoid the sun, I'm guessing I need to start at 6:00. Though it was not bad, high of 91 on my Garmin. Average 82. 26 miles total but the return doesn't even feel like riding ha ha!

I did get to the snake in the road section and had second thoughts about going on. It was hot looking there. As if the sky was on fire. Hmmm! But I went on carefully looking for signs of TOO MUCH HEAT. But it was good. My Garmin was reading 86 there.

Good ride but I think it is going to be a hotter day than last week from the look of the sky. But I'm done, home by 10:30 so 'm good.

Sadly there are so many a holes on the mountain driving up now. On the way, I rolled by one car, 3 people smoking dope on the side of the road. Scary but the more scary part was the a holes racing up in little hot rods. About 6 cars tearing up the corners. On the return I rolled by at the fork and all one could smell was weed, lots of it.

They end up passing me then heading down. Later I see them on the side of the road looking at one guy's bumper. They tied it up. Somewhere along the line he ate it. Scary!

Then the a hole stops in the middle of the road at the parking area. Plenty of cyclists heading down, cars, whatever! Pretty scary with these a holes up there. 2 rides ago, 2 weeks ago, another group of about 6 cars ran one into a big boulder on the side of the road on some switchbacks. Thrashed the front end of his car, I'm actually glad about that. One less a hole on the mountain for a while. All I can say is I am glad the idiot hit a rock instead of a cyclists. Can't control your car? You shouldn't be racing up there anyway but if your skills suck, you really shouldn't be up there!









Ass holes!


No comments:

Post a Comment