Saturday, October 21, 2023

Solo 40 (video later)

 Solo 40 miles at 16.9 average speed according to Strava, 17.0 to Bryton GPS. 😄 Did latch on a group for about 3 or 4 miles leaving the coast. They turned off into a park. But felt good and able to hold my heart rate up in upper zones. Did see Danny and Eduardo at the end of the ride. They saw me at the coast shouting my name. I heard something so I turned my head to look but didn't see them and thought some homeless people might be yelling at me. 😆😄😆

RELIVE Video

You tube brief chat with Danny and Eduardo. 







You know, it was a good thing Tony gave me this HR monitor.  My max should be 160 at my age of 60. Though I have gone higher, I guess that is a good thing feeling no discomfort other than a hard effort.  But the numbers have shown me that I was slacking  as I mentioned before.  I remember having to try hard to keep 150 for 20 percent of my ride.  Now I'm doing much better numbers.  Today I stayed in 150s for quite some time.  So it seems that showing me that I have not put in much effort lately,  aiming higher has actually helped me pick up the pace. So that's a good thing.  Heck, some say I should reassess my max, it's no big thing because just seeing any number helps me realize I should be trying a little harder. 

Like without the monitor,  I would hold an effort and think I deserved to be tired. The monitor pretty much told me, Oh stop being a baby, you're not even trying that hard. Seeing a number really helps if you ask me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment