Saturday, October 14, 2023

Solo SART

 Solo 46 miles at 16.1 average speed. Tried keeping my heart rate at 140 or more. Did pretty good. There and above for 80% of the ride. 😃 Running low on electrolytes so happy to return home and find Gina bought me 2 bags. 😄



https://www.relive.cc/view/vPOprm2oXRq




Dude down the way from me in upcoming video at the coast. I've been out riding before when the guy takes my wheel as I pass. Then sprints around several times. Gets on my nerves so I pull over and let him pass. 

Last time riding with Tony,  I saw him heading back at the soccer fields when we blew by him. So I figure he does well to that point then fades. Today I saw him at the coast.  As soon as I get ready to leave,  he jumps up. So I take my time hoping he will leave, he doesn't.  I'm messing around so he sits back down.  One of those morons who always wants to race so he can say, I beat that guy. 

So finally I actually have to leave this time and yes, he jumps up again.  I head out then he's right behind me. Spinning up my legs, he goes by. Little mirror so I know he's watching me. I let him get about 150 yards ahead.  He's doing well but I'm waiting for the soccer fields and that sign of weakness.  

Sure enough I see him slow a bit then I pick it up.  Now I'm about 50 behind and I see his reactions.  He's trying to pick it up as well. Oh yeah, I have my front blinking light so it's easy for him to pick me out, I planned it that way. 

He picked it up so I wait for his next slip up. Finally I catch him but catch my breath.  Thrn I just put UT down so he couldn't latch on. I did feel like I was going to bust a lung but I wanted to hammer this guy! 😄

Once we hit Edna, I saw him try to close the gap on the bridge. Once I hit the pavement again   I put on one more time. Saw him coming but then fade back. So I kept it up to drive in the final nail into the ⚰️ coffin.  

He faded big time after that so I was quite happy.  Next time I see him, I'll just put a big smile in his face! 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment