Solo 40, still warm but going easy. Never left my small ring forcing myself to go easy with the heat. Felt good! No heat related suffering. I must be crazy, no other cyclists in the parking lot. 🤪
Funny thing, I was loading up my bike after the ride. Had my earphones on thinking I thought I heard something. Looked around, didn't see anything then heard something again. Hmm! Just then the phone rang as I saw a cyclist at the fence rolling away from my area. Speaking with Gina now but saw the dude rolling away but stopping heading back my direction. The gate was locked to the golf course off the trail so he was not able to ride around and had been calling me from the trail fence. Oh, it's David who I had run into a few times. He was concerned after having a flat using his only spare tube and not having patches. He asked if I had an extra, yeah! I catty a little self adhesive type in case others might need one. He was the one I guess ha ha ha! So I gave him one of the three that I had. I carry 2 tubes as well.
Gave him a patch for the road just in case. But he mentioned tossing a tube after the first patch. I told him that I toss the tubes after 2 patches, going on the third. He said he didn't trust the patches much so I asked if he used the vulcanizing. He had never heard of them, what? So I educated him and he says he's going to look them up. Hopefully he invests 3 or 4 dollars as they are far better than the self sticky ones that are actually designed for emergency get home trips only. Some last but why take chances?
Just another day in SoCal. Strangely enough, many forum viewers had mentioned how revealing some of the images had been over the years that I've posted from the beach. Funny thing is that nowadays, this is not far off from what chicks, and their mothers are wearing at the malls.







No comments:
Post a Comment