Sunday, August 23, 2026

Super Man Hot Ride Tour

 Solo 40 miles. Hot 😁 Took it easy but still....... hot. 🤣 Sweat today, on the legs anyway. So hot that the adhesive of the rubber strip that keeps my computer mount on the handlebars melted. 🫠 swinging mount all the way back, very annoying 😒 Average 100 degrees according to Garmin Connect, high of 107. 🔥 🥵 🔥

I might have to look into starting earlier ha ha ha, 11 am is pretty warm. But I survived once again. Good thing that I have been riding in the heat the last couple of weeks because being really hot today, hottest day so far, I actually feel pretty good. Hips feel a little fatigued from the heat but everything else is good. No head or stomach issues from the heat.

Another visit wit Omar at the Chalan Rest Stop. Nice bottle of cold water. I get one on the way up then ask him to reserve one for my way down ha ha ha! Good guy supporting the cyclists out there.

After the ride, had a chance to sit down and chat with a dude named Tim who Team Skipper. A long distance endurance type cycling team. Says he has a documentary on Amazon Prime. He says he'll be able to tell if I watch it or not, computer tech or something but I don't have Amazon Prime TV anyway, not even really sure what it is ha ha ha!

Funny thing is that he knows a cyclist really well. One of the forum members from back in like 2005. Back then the member had completed RAM like 5 times. I've told the story many times, dude dissed my bike, training habits, and whatever else he could. Said if he had a really bad day and I had a good one, I MIGHT keep up with him. $10,000 bike back in 2005 and I was riding my $1,050 Cannondale CAD3.

Big resume, Paris Brest Paris, other countries, brevets, the works. But on the actual timed event ride, I spanked him by over an hour on the 100 mile ride with 10,000 ft of gain. I always love telling this story. I told it to Tim and he got a pretty good laugh about it personally knowing the forum member ha ha ha!

But a cool guy and we had a good chat about bikes and rides. But at the SF nature center, on the return, I stopped to refill my bottles. The dude mentioned the heat and I acknowledged that it was warm but he said, NO IT'S HOT!!

Chatted a bit more then he asked how far I was riding, 40 miles. He asked how many bottles I was carrying, 2 but I had already downed about 11 bottles refilling along the way, He was impressed saying 40 miles in this heat, YOU'RE SUPERMAN!!! Ha ha ha funny how new riders are so easily impressed. He and his wife rode from the Damn Climb to the nature center which is about 4 miles (?). RT would be 8 to 10 so he was impressed with the 40.

Oh, and by the way a woman told me that I looked really good. And because it was a respectable woman, I'll have to take her word for it. 😄 Nice to know the efforts taken towards my goal of trying to stay healthy are recognized. 👍





Dripping sweaty legs at break. Really strange, my legs will drip sweat but rarely do I drip from my face or other places. Pretty sure I do but it must evaporate quickly. Always a nice feature because ride partners never know if I'm tired or struggling ha ha ha!





Stuff for along the way


Then of course my chicken dinner after the ride and a salad. Gina teasing me with chicken wings again.








No comments:

Post a Comment