Solo 40 with 2,270 ft gain, had I payed attention I would have rode up the road for another 30 ft. 🤣 Glendora to Claremont, to San Dimas, to the GMR gate. Felt really good. TC was 'posed to join me but experiencing mechanicals. 🔧
Along the way I was recording and saw some moron stop right in the center of the bike lane before the steep little climb just west of Town avenue. Of course talking on the phone and guess what, it was another cyclist. As I have said, it is more the cyclists that are a threat to me while on my bike. I bring this up because I read on so many stories on the net about terrible drivers and dangerous cars trying to kill us. In my case, it is the other way around, way too many incidents with other cyclists. I can't count the times that cyclists have whined about a car blocking or parking in the bike lane. In this case, the dude was right in the center of the bike lane, full stop, talking on the phone. C'mon you idiot!
But I must also mention some dope on a motorcycle. As well as complaining cyclists, I see plenty from motorcycle riders. I WANT TO GET HOME AND LIVE TO SEE MY FAMILY SO PLEASE DON'T KILL ME type stuff but yet, they themselves are the problem. On this ride, I came to a stop at Lone Hill on old Foothill heading east. A line of cars to my left stopped so I waited for my turn. As I started to make my way through the intersection (4 way stop), some idiot rides his motorcycle between the cars running the stop and making a turn right in front of me but a coupe of feet.
Idiot! Was cool because I got to make some good hand gestures at him in front of several other drivers who I am sure would agree with me. I was almost wishing the dude would have stopped or came after me. Yeah, I've had plenty of big mouth drivers talk trash while in their vehicles but too scared to confront anyone without the protection of being in their vehicle, bunch of pussies ha ha ha!




No comments:
Post a Comment