Won 1st place in my age category today. 41 miles. Target "SGRT Classic". 63 years, 2 months & 8 Days Category πππOk not really, I bought this plastic medal at Target for a dollar. π Tough getting out of bed knowing it's hot but once I did, felt great! π Poser ride. Once at the top, some lady pulled over saying something about doing great. Then said something about me being really handsome Then insisted I take a bottle of water. Very nice of her! OK, so the handsome part isn't exactly true. π 13.3 average at the top so not bad and I did get a little sweat on my legs today.
It is funny how so many complain about drivers but I have nothing but great experiences with them. Heck, only 3 places to cross traffic on this ride and every time, drivers stop and wave me on. Sometimes 3 or 4 of them stop to let me go. I do make sure we are ALL on the same level to be safe and it amazes me how many are willing to stop for a cyclist to get by safely. Now they're even stopping on the side of the road to give me water ha ha ha!



The lady was very cool to stop by and drop off the water bottle along with a fist bump. I didn't really need it but with the language barrier, I was not sure how to refuse while she was being insistent. So I took it but I left it in the shadows in case somebody else needed it, though there was not any others around. Just not me to take things from others that I don't know. Maybe too many Forensic Files episodes but I just worry about that kind of stuff. Just as if we go out and Gina has a margarita. I don't drink and never accept something from anybody unless it's a family function. Otherwise, just give me a sealed bottle of water. Nowadays, just hard to trust anyone and I'm sure the lady meant well. Great gesture!
Just playing around with the camera. I meant to strike a pose but then heard the car coming so I tried to exit the strike a pose so it wasn't what I planned but actually, probably the better of the set I took ha ha ha!
Just taking a break in the sun
Warm but didn't feel hot though my legs did sweat on the way up, at the top
My Madone riding beautifully! I've often though as I get older, I'd get a smooth riding bike next time but having this back on the road, I'm thinking I'd save money just keeping it going!
Handlebars so much cleaner with the cables under the bar tape. I should have done this sooner for gopro reasons.
Didn't have a chance to make my oatmeal this morn so had to settle for BK. Not really excited about it but it works. Don't think I have ever once felt lacking on a ride after the BK special. Maybe it's the high sodium, I dunno but it works. Did cut up a nectarine though. Pretty sure oatmeal is better for sure and the grapes I usually eat, they suck lately ha ha ha. Soft and mushy but I love them when Gina can find the nice crispy grapes. So switched to nectarines for now.

Post ride meal, a little Sizzler. Our buddy Ashley hooked us up for sure. The girls know I'm a good tipper so we enjoy the side benefits ha ha ha! Like extra plates and salad bowls though we didn't get an all you can eat dinner. Ashley is cool! Cute little gal about 20 that started at the registers. Moved on to a server and a real hustler! Gal knows how to make the customers happy and kind of fun watching her run around the dining area taking care of people. Sweet little gal and a good worker so I gave her the tip and she sort of acted like she wanted to refuse it but nope, I told her she deserved it being just as good or maybe even better than the others who have been serving for a good while. Always nice to see a fresh face and I think she is the first one to try to refuse the big tip. But she deserves it!
My complimentary salad ha ha ha!
My Honey
Don't even have to ask anymore, the lemons just show up with the sweetener and extra bowls and plates.
My winner winner chicken dinner
Gina with a little steak today and a trip to the salad bar
No comments:
Post a Comment