Sunday, October 20, 2019

31 with Gina

31 miles (16.1 average)  with Gina on the trail today. Nice beautiful day as far as weather. Gina said from the start she was feeling it today. Said her legs were resisting but she did very well. She even beat last week's average by 1/10 of a mile as far as average speed.

She did very well I think and I saw we had last week's average beat by .1 near the end of the ride so I tried to keep the same pace but WOW, it really got windy the final mile or so after Edna Park heading North. I rarely get a headwind by the 22. MOF, it usually seems like a tailwind and flat where one can usually lift the pace. So I thought we'd pick up another tenth there but I was wrong. Trying to keep the pace above 16 should have been easy but not today! Heck, I was pushing pretty good to keep it at 16. WTH did that headwind come from?

So we have a 16.1 and that is still better than last week but near the condos, the final stretch she says that's it. No, C'mon !!!! So I told her just another 1/8 of a mile or so, can't blow it now!

So she sucked it up, I'm shocked, she didn't call me any 4 letter names ha ha! But she sucked it up and she pushed the rest of the way. So we still did pretty good  but that darn wind! :-P

Okay, now the suck part. I can not believe how many ass hats ride bikes. There is a bit of construction going on after Edna, heading South. Wood structure. We're approaching heading down being careful, wouldn't want to hit that wood structure. When some ass hole comes by on the left on the descent. He's right on our left side, insisting on passing when a mountain bike type is coming down the opposite side. OKAY, I'm not freaking blind and I can see the MTB coming down. Is this Lance wannabe blind or just fucking stupid? He goes around us on our left squeezing in as we are cautious with the wood structure so the Lance wannabee almost goes head on with the MTB. What a stupid fuck! Probably some ass hat that will go on a cycling forum and cry about how careless drivers are out on the road. Yeah, but this dumb ass can't even be cautious for 10 seconds to make sure all are safe to protect his precious bike trail average. :-/

Then, some dude and a chick are riding by the Honda Center. Plenty of cyclists around this point. I can see 2 or 3 coming behind us, another 4 or 5 coming in the opposite direction.

Stupid chick stops right at the high point of the horse shoe type turn, pulls out her phone and starts talking as several bike approach trying to make the turn. Yes, the stupid ass chick parks her bike perpendicularly across the bike lane. Not to mention, her male partner stops at the inner section of the turn. So both riders are blocking nearly the entire path for several oncoming cyclists.

Dumb ass dude is on Strava and I can see exactly who he is. So tempting to leave a comment on his ride telling him what kind of ass holes he and his female partner are. But really, I don't want to lose my Strava and all it's content ha ha! So I'll say it her, dumb asses ha ha!

I did get to look the dude in the eye and give him a big PFFFT! Hopefully the dumb ass got the message after noticing it was a big mess, several cyclists heading in opposite directions trying to find a way around the turn.

Just hard to believe, there is a ton of open space around that turn. Many cyclists stop there on the outside of the turn without incident but there's always the dumb asses!










Not many boobs around today.






No comments:

Post a Comment