Saturday, October 26, 2019

GMR SOLO for 3.500

30 miles, solo to Peacock Saddle, down then back up a bit to get another 500 ft gain. Started early, much better. Last week I started about 11 am and it was tough. I'm a wimp now, not used to the heat while climbing. Well maybe I'm not used to climbing ha ha!

Forgot to say, I am happy with today's ride. Last week felt like poop, this week shaved a minute off my recent times according to Strava (last couple of month's posted times).

But felt good today. Still slow but as I saw an e bike fly up the hill today, I thought to myself. I'm much slower but I would much rather do it on my own power. Yeah Baby!

Road was closed but there were not many cyclists at all. A couple of good size groups that went by. Maybe 12 riders each. But other than that, not too many, not like I was expect with closed gates.

All the guys who complain about the cars and say if it were closed, they would ride it. Oh you big sissies, where were you today? :-P

So anyway, the quest to get back into shape continues while Gina spends her time visiting her son on Saturdays. Yes, take advantage to ride GMR.

I did see Big John and his group roll by. Heading to the village. I'm still a big sissy right now so I have been putting it off but building my elevation gain up slowly but surely. I hate the thought of getting stuck out there at the Point of No Return as it's called. The point where you run out of water, either head to the village or go back.

So now I think I can make it there and do OK. But I also hate running out of water. So that is why today I headed back down then up. 3,5000 ft gain whereas the PONR has 4,000 I believe. Next time! Next time! ;-)

                           Big John of the forums. Always been a real cool guy! Right side in purple?                                                                        Whatever that color is! :-P



My face a bit blurry because I was going too fast for the lens ha ha!


Looking down on the Camp Williams/Bottom of Lil GMR area.








No comments:

Post a Comment