Saturday, October 19, 2019

GMR Caca Poo Poo Today

19 miles, 2500 ft gain. Felt like crap, skipped breakfast, didn't work. Stopped at 4 miles for about 30 seconds, thought about turning back. Then again at mile 5. Felt like a wuss so I kept going. I had originally thought of going beyond Peacock Saddle to the Point of No Return but I totally sucked today. Skipping breakfast and trying a ClifBar as a replacement DID NOT WORK WELL ha ha!

On the descent I did stop to take a few pics and then decided to head up for another 300 ft to get at least the 2.500.

Rode alone. Which was cool. A few hot rod cars heading up when I was climbing. Saw teh rangers with red lights flashing. Got to the top and it was pretty quiet. Headed down, no motorcycles or cars. Hmmm!

Got down only to find the ranger at the gate. The road was closed and none of the riders were complaining.

Good thing they closed it! I did see a lit cigarette tossed on the road. Wow, too many stupid idiots in this world.

One of the cars I saw was like super hot car like a Ferrari. Group of 3, a Mercedes, another car then the hot sport car. I still can't figure out why these grown men need to race up GMR at 70 MPH. Super happy they chased them off the mountain! ;-)














No comments:

Post a Comment