Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday SART with Gina, Very Well!

31 miles 16.0 average. Headed out with Gina and Jose. Jose said he was tired because he did a solo ride the day before. OK, so I guess I am getting some fitness back, I was at the front the entire time other than the couple of times I dropped back to get pics of Gina.

Did a little warm up from the fire station to Lincoln, our turn around point. Little stretch then headed to the beach. It was a little breezy so I mentioned it. Gina and Jose said they didn't feel the headwind. Well of course, I'm at the front ha ha! Wasn't a bit headwind but a strange kind of breeze.

Once we were by Warner, then I really started to feel the wind. OK, Jose did a solo ride yesterday, he's tired. I did GMR so I guess I'm not tired ha ha! I almost thought about calling him to the front just because but figured I'm better off at the front because he would more than likely lift the pace and do little accelerations, probably causing gaps for Gina to close. She hasn't been on the bike much so I didn't want her closing gaps and getting burned out. I was there to get her back on the bike and hold a steady pace making it nice for her.

So we get to the beach and I ask Jose if it was easy for him. He said no, it really got windy the final 4 miles or so. Said something about his leg hurting ready to cramp. Now that I remember, it did feel windy on the last stretch, Gina got a cramp in her calf on the last little underpass heading up. She had to stop for a minute to let it go away. So we did lose a minute their, for those of you segment chasers on Strava comparing our times ha ha!

But she got back on the bike after a very short stop and seemed fine.

Ran into Joaquin, Tony, Thai, and, and, and, I forget but as I scroll down, I don't see anybody else in the pics so I don't need to mention them ha ha!

Headed back as Tony and Thai headed back with us. Knowing Gina is going to fade on the final section of the return, I just held steady to limit gaps etc. She did fine then Tony and Thai turned off near Warner.

It was back to the 3 of us.. I held steady at the front and expected Gina to fade or ask me to slow about 1/2 mile from Edna bridge as usual when she hasn't much saddle time.

But today, she just kept the pace. Wow! Crossed the bridge, kept on, then saw our average of 16 and thought if we just keep it at 16 or above, we should have a final average of 16, I'd be happy with that.

She did fine and at the end of the ride, looked pretty happy, and very fresh compare to the weeks before. Yeah alright baby! Got our 16.0 as I was hoping for today. Not bad considering the times she had really struggled in the past after time off (years ago with family medical as well) she was holding a 15.2 average on our rides. So being off this much and still 16.0 2 weeks in a row is great! The fact she was so much fresher and stronger at the end was a big bonus!

After couple of miles, I dropped back to take a pic. Gina was rolling away from me. I had to tell her to slow a bit so I could get back to the front. That was a good sign she was going to have a good day, I guess!


I just like big butts I guess!


Holding steady at the front cause Jose's legs were tired from his solo ride the day before, I guess!


OK, I like a little cleavage shot now and then, I guess!


OK, perfect example. Typical forum member stupid statements. SOOOO many times I have seen comments on bike forums from cyclists claiming it is us against them type crap. They say people who drive cars hate us cyclists because they are too lazy to get out of the car themselves. Makes no sense to me and really? Because drivers are too lazy, they hate us? OK, what about the lazy bastard who used this gel  then was too freaking lazy to walk his ass over 5 steps to the trash can? Drivers are lazy because they don't ride bikes? Cyclist are just lazy ass holes, why?

Funny thing forum members. I remember one topic about tinted windows. One dude claimed, actually thought it was a woman because of the way this guy was bitching about his health issues. Guess that might be a bit male chauvinist but you know what, fuck you! I'm in that kind of a mood ha ha!

So anyway, this little bitch boy was complaining about having a medical condition that allowed him to carry a note from the doctor while driving so that the cops could not site him for tinted windows.

Yes, he has a medical condition so he needs to have his windows tinted to the max or he'll fucking die or something like that.

OK, but the dude has his pic on Strava, standing in shorts, jersey, in a freaking desert type landscape scene. Rides his bike around San Diego, the sunny city fairly often. I don't see the guy worried about getting sun on his legs then, while out on a bike. I don't hear whining and bitching about riding in the sun, skin disease, fucking dying, or even shitting his pants.

How freaking mixed up can people be?  Some of the stupid shit from cycling forum members that goes on ha ha! Now I can see why so many cyclist actually don't post on forums.

This just cracks me up. That would be like me saying my balls swell up while I ride my bike so I can't ride my bike cause my swollen balls hurt. But then the next day, you see me out there playing basketball with one of my swollen nuts as the basket ball. How stupid are these people ha ha!

If my nuts are swollen and hurt, then they hurt. I'm not working around the system to benefit.


Thai, Jose, Tony, and Joaquin


From left, some good looking guy, can't remember his name, Jose, Thai, Tony, and Joaquin


Heading back with Tony and Thai tagging along, I guess!


No comments:

Post a Comment