Sunday, October 6, 2019

Gina 5 Weeks Off But Did Well

32 miles at 16.1 speed.  Gina hadn't been on the bike for 5 weeks. Of course taking care of all the medical family issues we've had lately. Last week I had planned to do GMR but there was a threat of rain so I didn't do the mountains that day. Then she sat out on Sunday so I could do my 60.  OK, but you have to ride next week, it's a deal.

Once we got the bikes ready to ride, I told her I think she could do a 16 average. She said she didn't think so but uhh yeah, that's what I was aiming for, besides only a 32 miler.

So we headed off and I kept a steady pace at the front throughout the whole ride. Jose just enjoyed a free ride today sitting at the back the entire time. Of course I like to be at the front when Gina rides to set a steady pace.

Arriving at the coast, there was a homeless dude. Rather aggressive I would say. Not in a threatening way but pretty outspoken and interjecting himself into our conversation. I was pleasantly surprised to see Aimee took the time to enjoy some fine chat with the dude. They had a good time conversing about boats and planes. OK, not really. The dude was a pest but I kept pointing out Aimee and her experience with each topic, though she had none. He didn't know that. I just had to redirect his attention to the girls so I could walk around the building and escape the situation. Gina said Aimee threatened to kill me for that one! :-P

But anyway, Bad Bob rolled up for a visit. A rather longer visit today.  Cool, had some good laughs and then he decided to join us on the return. Had another nice steady pace then Bad Bob turned back at the Edna Park bridge. We kept on to the fire station which was our start point.

I figured we could do a 16.0 average for the 32 miler even though Gina had not been on the bike in 5 weeks. She said she didn't expect to keep that pace but she did rather well. We actually had a 16.2 when we hit the Edna bridge. But shortly after she faded some and said that's it! No it ain't, only another mile, you can do it!

So I slowed the pace along the 22 fwy stretch to 16 after having held 17 most of the way. She complained a couple of times but, you can do it! She did and even with a little fade, she still managed a 16.1 which is .1 better than I expected. So I can't complain! :-P

Really nice day as far as weather and a good time with buds.


Getting my fat head in the pics just to prove I really ride my bike ha ha!


My 21 year old bike at the back of the pack.


Jose The Man!


Gina and Aimee


Gina making a break for it! :-P


Air show today


A different kind of show today as well! :-P


Probably not spelling his name but a fast dude named Rhio (sp?)


Bad Bob leading the peleton.


...and laughing while he does it!




I told you it was possible to do 16 average today. She thought I was crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment