Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Late Night Ride, I Dunno, is 9:00 PM Late?

17.5 miles at 16.8 average speed. Really wanted to ride my bike and finding that late night will probably work best for me with a 24/7 schedule taking care of my Mom. Not that she needs me to do much. More like not wanting to be alone as she can get sick anytime. So keeping an eye on her and doing the things she wants to do, is a busy schedule ha ha! But, I figure if she enjoys what is left of her life, then she should go out happy. Yeah, watch me go first ha ha!

So anyway, wanting to get on my horse, I figured later at night should work. What a beautiful evening. Where I was riding was where we used to live. Doing loops around Creekside. Really funny, people always talk about bad trail riders but believe me, there are just as many stupid people on the streets. One time, some dude on an ebike was doing like 20 MPH on the wrong side of the road going against traffic. With a big huge headlight that was so blinding, I could not tell if he was taking the inside or outside of the bike lane I was in, heading the proper direction.

This time, a woman on a pretty nice roadie, with a light heading straight at me. Because I am doing loops, I had to figure out what she was going to do every time we passed. Glad it was only 3 times. I can't believe the stupid people.

Like my buddy Hillbasher would say, "I am not anti-cyclist, I am anti-STUPID!".

But I wanted to ride for at least an hour so I did. Really nice, not much out there as far as vehicular traffic. Like I have said many times, my biggest threats are other cyclists, streets, trails, mountains, flats, you name it. So sad!

I did see an industrial center on Cedar and Archibald where the crits are sometimes held. I actually though about riding there as I did years ago. But only a couple of little offices with lights on so I wasn't sure about using the parking lot. My luck I'd get a security guard have my truck towed ha ha! But I think I will give it a try next time. Get me away from the stupid cyclists.

There may be a few big rigs out there loading in a couple companies but at leas I can tell what they are going to do. Like drive on the correct side of the road! ;-)

                                                  Happy to be out in the nice fresh air!


Trying to get my little rock back.


The cockpit


The lights. One ahead and one down on the road.


Wore the spiders hoping to keep people away from me ha ha!


The following posing session was done after the ride ha ha!



No comments:

Post a Comment