Sunday, February 16, 2020

SHE'S BACK!

Nice 26 miler with Gina on SART. Breezy but she managed to crack out a 15.6 average speed. Actually better than I expected after that much time off. She has been off the bike since mid November. A few rides before that and a year off before that. Been a rough couple of years with the death of her son, my Dad, and a few others in the family. Not to mention her younger son who is still having issues with strokes from his condition, still on dialysis and going into a minor surgery this coming Friday. For Gina's sake, I hope all goes well.

But so many obstacles and happy to have her out there again. Ran into Herb and Alyce at Edna. A few other friends but lucky enough to ride alone so we didn't have to suffer much ha ha!

My Garmin failed yesterday so I took a battery pack thingy. Get home and my Garmin still reads 92%, hmmm! I had charged it the night before the ride so not sure why the battery died. Oh well!

So anyway, a beautiful day out there and surprisingly, didn't see too many cyclist this weekend.








Last 2 rides, Strava has ripped me off a tenth of a mile on the average speed. I like Strava but c'mon! :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment