Saturday, February 1, 2020

43 Sore Throat Miles

43 miles with Jose today (17.4 average). Sore throat on Thursday, not bad on Friday then sucked again Sat morning. But I have been scrubbing floors the hard way the last couple of weeks. Hands and knees, bucket, scrub the grout, scrub again then seal the grout. About 6 days total. Some dude wanted $450 just to scrub 3 rooms. I did 5 rooms for $45 buying my own supplies. That was sealing as well and the scrub dude only scrubs the floors, forget that!

But my knees really took a beating over the first 4 days. I think it was actually more fatiguing than riding the bike ha ha! But $450?! :-O

So not having a chance to ride last week, and a sore throat, I went for it. Glad I did, had a decent ride though I suffered a bit. I wore my bones jersey hoping that the others would see how hard my heart was working, the congestion in my chest then take it easy on me, but no! I'm actually thinking Jose tried to punish me with a faster start.

At the coast we ran into Joaquin and Rheo (SP?). Super fast guy. Had a good chat, some pics then headed back all together. I figured I'd get punished ha ha! But Joaquin lead the way holding about 20 which was OK for me but once we started hitting the little underpasses, the repetition got to me and I had to slow. I waved Jose and Joaquin on but they insisted on waiting for me. Not bad guys I guess. Joaquin asked if I was sick as we were riding. He asked a question and I had no voice to answer. So It think once I fell back, they had mercy on me ha ha!

That dude Rheo, he hung with us for about 3 miles or so, then turned on the afterburners! He said he rolls about 27 at times and that is too much for me, and the others I think ha ha! So he just pulled away and rolled off into the sunset.









20 hours work. This is the tile floor I scrubbed the grout, the tile, then sealed the grout. Hands and knees, bucket and a brush. 




You can see the difference before and after the grout scrub. Baking soda, 50/50 mix white vinegar and water. Huge difference. Scrubbed every line of grout, then went back and scrubbed the grout and tile with dawn dish soap. Plenty of work but saved big bucks, $450 to scrub the floor alone. That did not include the grout seal.





No comments:

Post a Comment