Saturday, April 29, 2023

Solo Saturday 40

 Solo 40 miles today.  Pico to the base of the mountains and back.  Testing the Aerotech shorts on the first day of the weekend.  I'd say they're better on the first day long ride than the second day short ride. I  thought the Black Bibs were better at first but now I'm thinking Aerotech is edging them out. 

Had this lingering cough for a while,  had a sore throat over a month ago thinking it would end but the nagging cough is still hanging out to annoy me.  

Great thing about my medical insurance from work.  A service called Teledoc.  I call in, give information to a representative then they get a focus to call me.  Haven't had to wait more than a couple minutes. 

I tell him I'm not feeling good then they email me a doctors note for work.  All no charge through my insurance. 

Well,  I called then they sent a prescription to the local CVS pharmacy.  Hour later,  I got some medicine to help me get over this nagging cough.  Would have been $30 but with my plan,  only $1.50.  Not bad!

Gotta love this employer. 😀 

Ravioli last night to fuel the ride.  Took Gina's mother and brother to Steak Corral on Thursday 

 Then some made to order fresh food at China Point after my Saturday ride because Gina's Mom loves Chinese food 😋 

Just having fun enjoying life working hard breaking my back working on these little itty-bitty plastic parts. 

Funny thing working with slackers,  young people don't know what hard work is and really suck if you ask me. 

Well good for me,  doing well racking in the bucks as a Metrologist.  But now the bosses want me to learn the programming part of CMM and Micro Vu measuring equipment.  I got a rep at work,  if you want something done,  Beanz is the guy. 

I'm making good money but the bosses knowing I do a majority of the work want to train me to program.  I started learning on Monday and it ain't all that hard. Actually much like my photo and editing programs.  

The guys say from what they've seen of me, I'm going to be correcting their mistakes.  I have no doubt. 😄

But programmers there make $70,000 plus and other places up to $120,000. 

I plan to get my share cause this is some easy sheot if you know blueprints. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment