Sunday, April 30, 2023

Good Weekend 👍

 Solo 40 on Saturday then another solo 20 today,  Sunday. Cruised o the way out today just trying to get I 20 miles.  As I stopped to turn around, a paceline of about 20 riders, male and 2 female went flying by. I turned around to chase them but they saw me and picked it up.  I just kept hammering .  They pulled away some, about 100 yards ahead.  

    I  thought maybe I might not catch them the a second later  I saw the back rider drop off. Well yeah buddy, I can at least catch him. Getting closer about 50 yards back, I saw the line break up. 

    Next thing I know I've passed about 10 of the riders. Reminded me of the group rides I used to do. Everyone would start out racing then a few miles later, 20 of the 25 riders were toast.

    I  kept on then finally passed the first three.  As I rolled by, one guy asked if he could connect a line to my bike.  I kept on the realized they fell back. I  stopped at a park to water up seeing them roll by. I thought about going to the restroom but thought   what the heck?

     I jumped back on my bike then chased them down again.  Easier this time seeing they were broken up. When I got to the sole lead rider  I went around spinning in my 39 ring. After I was ahead about 30 yards,  he tried keeping up. After about a mile he was still there   surprisingly,  so I went to the big ring to hammer him. 

    He started falling behind then once at the dark tunnel, I actually stood up hammering up the short steep grade. I rarely stand but wanted to hammer  the final nail into the coffin ⚰️ 

    I pulled far ahead then funny, he pulled into the same parking lot at the end of his ride. I  looked over at him to say hey  but he didn't even acknowledge me. Bad sport haha ha.


Today was fueled by Chinese food last night.  


Old fart Saturday    Fat Bastard Sunday














No comments:

Post a Comment