Sunday, November 19, 2017

Another 34 on SART

Mike and I set out to do an easy ride the day after the long 60. Yeah right! 34 miles at 15.8 average speed.

We set out for an easy pace but man what a headwind to the coast! Gave it everything we had to maintain 15, actually 15.1 to the coast. So aiming easy but it wasn't easy and our average would appear to be easy but it wasn't easy ha ha!

One of those days you stop at the park look around and there is no wind blowing through the trees. But get on the bike and it feels like a 25 MPH headwind even though it ain't! :-/

But the way back was much nicer. Holding 17 with a soft pedal. That's what we wanted. So it was an easy ride but it wasn't, not the first half! But after the ride, then it felt like and easy ride ha ha!

                             
                                Yeah, we are smiling at this point because we have a tailwind!



Well not much going on so I figured I would practice with my camera (DLSR). Took some night pics of my hometown, Ontario California. Born and raised there since 1963. Darn I'm getting old! Gina hasn't been in my ride pics lately so I let her model for me ha ha!. Of course she is one of those models who is always cold so she's dressed like she's out skiing and it's only like 66 degrees here ha ha!

Starting to like night photography, NO FLASH! ;-)



Gina's dressed like she's going skiing and it's only like 66 degrees ha ha!



Gina thought if she stood next to the wreath, her head would be in the center. OK Gina, you're not that tall ha ha!




Pretty cool stuff. I need to find a running stream so I can use a neutral density filter. Ya know, darkens sunlight pics so you can use a slow shutter speed to blur moving bodies. Like the leaves, I actually moved the branch with a broomstick ha ha! If I can find a running body of water, I bet that would make for some cool pics with the blurred water and still surroundings. Just some practice.

Also the lights streaming on the freeway, shutter speed of about 1.25 seconds. OF course hard to get a clear shot around here cause the thugs climb out on the freeways and paint on the sings like morons so the cities have installed fences, chicken wire and barbed wire to keep the idiots out. SO that is why my photography sucks ha ha!









No comments:

Post a Comment