Saturday, November 4, 2017

Freakin' Split Sidewall, New Tire, Hobble Home!

OK so today we ended up with 30 miles at an 18.1 average speed. I lost about 2 or 3 miles forgetting to restart my Garmin after fixing the flat! Could have had a good average today but hobbling back 6 miles didn't help!

So a lousy day all around! First I get up early, have lots of time before I meet the guys but Gina says she will fix my oatmeal. OK, she makes it and it comes out like chicken and stars soup. WTH! Been over this many times, how can somebody mess up water, oats and 2 minutes on the microwave? But I keep my cool so she says she will do it again. Well yeah cause I ain't drinking that stuff! So she remakes it and this time it comes out a little better but with a ton of salt! OK directions say a dash of salt. She made it with half a container of salt I am guessing cause the hair on my arms stands up.

WTH! OK, really? So I tell her to taste it and she just thinks I'm being picky. So she starts yelling at me! TASTE IT! She does then almost hits the floor. OK, now quit yelling at me cause you can't make a bowl of oatmeal. Mine comes out perfect every time but she wanted to make it so I depended on her to keep me on schedule.

So she says she used the last of the oatmeal and now has to make me eggs. Great, eggs don't do well on a long ride but it's either that or chicken and stars oatmeal soup. Hey, there's and idea Campbell's! :-P

Finally after wasting 30 minutes trying to get my breakfast right, I'm behind schedule. Great! Now I can't poop the way I want to poop! Do you know what it's like to start a 50 mile ride having to poop?

3 of us and we are doing pretty well so I don't want to bother breaking our momentum to poop so I just stay clinched on the ride ha ha! Probably wasting precious energy ha ha!

SO we get 30 miles in and POW! Great! I hit something with my brand new GP4000 after only 60 miles or so, second ride and the sidewall is split! :-(

So we stop and all I have is a $5. Well if you got to use it for a boot then I guess I have to but figure it will be a bit shredded when we get back. But no way am I continuing on for another 20 miles with a bulge.

Luckily just as I am about to install the 5, Alex rides up. I ask if he has a 1 or five 1's. Nope! But he had a section of a cut tube that he carries for a boot! Yeah baby! He lets me have it and sure I'll return it next time we cross paths.

SO we head back and ask Alex if he's going for his usual 100 miler. No, only 90 he says. Oh OK, only 90 ha ha! Says he has done 26 or so centuries this year! :-O

Wow, Alex has my vote for Man Of The Day ha ha!

Oh yeah, we hear some guy roll by making beep beep sounds. Look over and it's the Legen Greg rolling by with his usual fingers to the nose salute ha ha!

Oh yeah, now I am home and so upset about my new tire that I still can't poop ha ha! :-P







No comments:

Post a Comment