Saturday, November 18, 2017

Green River Me & Mike

60.4 miles today (17.1 MPH average speed) heading to Green River then backtracking to the coast. I've been wanting to do longer mileage while I can. I had planned to do 60 even if I was alone but a text last night from Mike confirmed my ride today. He said he wanted to do a long ride and hold a 16.5 or so. Of course once we headed back from Green River, our average slowly climbed without too much effort. Soon we had close to a 17. Headed down PCH for a couple to make sure we got 60 miles.  On the return, it felt windier than last week so it was hard to keep 18.5. Maybe I was just tired ha ha! Mike rode strong so that helped. Did a pretty good share on the load which makes it nice!

Did run into Alex, Don, and Rick at the coast. Rick seems to get there right as we are leaving, after I put away the camera ha ha! Saw the Legend again, as well as Ron and Dixie on their tandem. At that point, my arms were too tired to reach back for the camera ha ha! I need to do this more often, get back into the swing of things.

BTW, man once we got near Green River, we got a serious headwind. You know the corridor! Doing OK once we hit the short downhill but after that little bend in the road, it was tough. I was pushing hard trying to hold 14! :-O Glad that was only a minute or two. Stopped at the trail head for a quick break, man my heart was pounding! :-P

Do did join us for a short section on PCH then continued on alone heading South. He may be in San Diego by now! :-P



                                                               Don of the Birds ! :-P


Alex modeling the new board at the coast.


Don and Mike on PCH


Hey, who took my back of the head picture? :-P


Mike pulling me into the wind.


November in California! Puffy Muffy! :-P


Setting up the Christmas deco at Montlcair Plaza. Had to take a couple of shots of Gina. I used the hanging lights as background with some Bokeh and the tree. 


She's not in the bike pics so she might as well be in the Christmas pics! :-P






No comments:

Post a Comment